Apply bias to flats...

Share:

The problem with the data upload limit for attachments has been fixed. I have restored it to 30MegaBytes. A recent forum software upgrade was responsible for the changed limit. Please accept my apologies for missing this when upgrading the forum sofware, Mabula.

Apply bias to flats/flat darks only?  

RSS

(@whixson)
Neutron Star Customer
02/02/2019 12:01 am  

How do you tell APP to apply bias correction to your flats and/or flat darks only? 

Wayne

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
11/02/2019 9:52 pm  

Hi Wayne @whixson,

APP will apply bias and/or dark flat Masters to your flats if they are available. If they are not, APP will give you a warning that you will not be able to get good flat-field correction without bias and/or dark flats available.

So APP will automatically do this correctly, you will only need to supply the bias and/or dark flats and they will be used 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Neutron Star Customer
11/02/2019 10:40 pm  

Thanks Mabula, what if I don’t want to apply bias to the lights but only the flats?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
12/02/2019 12:21 am  

Hi @whixson, then you will first need to create the masterflat with the bias loaded.

Then remove the bias and masterbias and load the lights...

But... why would you want to do this ? The light need to be calibrated with either bias or darks.... otherwise flat-field calibration will not work.

What would be an argument to not use bias for lights?

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
Share: