APP Ver.2 Beta 2 ta...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-09-02: APP 2.0.0-beta4 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta4

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta4

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta4

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta4

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta4

APP Ver.2 Beta 2 takes ages to open my folders

(@teodigital)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

It takes endless time to navigate in my folders each time i want to find my data files, something not happening at all in 1.083.4 (folders are opening fast). I have both versions installed on same laptop though. Both APP versions can be opened though. 
I was never able to test the Ver2 Beta2 due to this huge delay in opening my data.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

The times I've seen this happen was when people had a network attached folder that wasn't available on the system. Is that the case for you?

ReplyQuote
(@teodigital)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod No it is a local SSD drive on a 16 CPU laptop with 32GB of RAM. Same files from the official version 1.083.4 works like a charm.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@teodigital Unfortunately the network drive doesn't necessarily have to be the location where the data are stored. The comment is much more generic: it can happen if there is ANY network drive that is not available. Is that the case?

ReplyQuote
(@teodigital)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

Yes they are and your observation maybe correct. I can confirm that after removing network drives mappings Version 2 seems to work so i can do a few tests.  Thank you so much for the accurate diagnosis of the problem.

ReplyQuote
Share: