App generated infec...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

App generated infected file

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@applal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Recently testing the app on some mosaic data, which it handled fine. Then I decided to try to save as a file type other than fits.

TIFF saved ok, but when I tried to save as .png my Avast security threw up an error and quarantined the file. I have tried to attach a file of the screenshot.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That would be a false error, it happens sometimes with anti-virus products. If you trust it, you should be able to mark it as safe I think.

ReplyQuote
(@applal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I rather dislike "just trusting". I will follow up with submitting the file to Avast Security to see if they can verify before I mark it safe.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Always a good idea to do ofcourse I can only tell you that APP itself isn't producing infected data. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@applal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thank you!

I will report back with any finding that are worth sharing.

ReplyQuote
Share: