Analyze Stars faile...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Analyze Stars failed - I may have figured out why

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@blueplanetphoto)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I posted this issue a couple weeks ago and have just returned to it. Initially, I thought it might be an exposure issue (overexposure reducing the visibility of stars in the image). I recently added a light pollution filter to my imaging train and it vastly improved the visibility of stars in the exposure, however I still received failed analyses. I also thought maybe my computer was running out of resources; my image files are around 95MB, so there's a lot of data to crunch. Then I remembered: support for Canon EOS R5 CR3 Raw files is still pending. I'm shooting with an EOS R5. The jpg versions process fine (I had two JPGs at the start of my lights, for some reason), but the CR3 raw files fail, even though I don't receive an error message regarding the inability of APP to process those files. At least that's what I think the issue is. I can either convert files to TIFF or wait for CR3 EOS R5 support. If I'm wrong, please let me know. 

I am using v. 1.082. I've attached the analyze stars log.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

APP should have support for the CR3 format, would you mind downloading 1.083 beta1 to try again? If that doesn't work I'd like to ask you to upload some of the data for us to check out. 1.083 can be found here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/appreleases/downloads/

ReplyQuote
(@blueplanetphoto)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Thanks, Vincent. I'll download the beta and check it out. In the meantime I'll upload some data for you to work with. 

ReplyQuote
(@blueplanetphoto)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Some of the lights files are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9lb5i5bm6seh8o/AADP1cAHdw3lEdVW-1gBhL40a?dl=0

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ahh, sorry I see now. I think APP does have CR3 support, but not yet for your particular camera. I think Mabula has data for it already, but to be sure I'll give him a sub of the data you send, thank you.

ReplyQuote
Share: