1.076-beta3 - RGB C...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] 1.076-beta3 - RGB Combine tool does not have the preset

10 Posts
6 Users
5 Likes
(@shlomi)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

From the announcement:

The tool now has quick presets for composites like the Hubble palette, S2HaO3 -> RGB , LRGB, LHaRGB, HaO3O3 -> RGB etc... you can choose the composite formula while loading the data

However, the tool does not have the presets option.

Edit:

I read on another thread that some of the release info was written after the beta3 release. I believe this will come with beta4.

Thanks for a wonderful update! Looking forward for more 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @shlomi,

Indeed, If you look carefully at the release notes, the presets are not yet in Beta 3, they will come in beta4 😉 Will release it soon.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole

So happy to see this coming! With the immense popularity of Hubble and other narrowband/broadband color palettes, it’s nice to have some help in getting pleading results. 

wayne

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

These kind of things will continue to be implemented and improved on, the entire goal is to make these steps easier than they've ever been. Thanks! 🙂

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @whixson

So happy to see this coming! With the immense popularity of Hubble and other narrowband/broadband color palettes, it’s nice to have some help in getting pleading results. 

wayne

Hi Wayne @whixson,

Yes, these presets should really help in getting much better composites because you can now quickly switch between formula and see the differences. That will be very educative and much more intuitive I feel ;-). Going forward, we will be adding more formula off course based on data that we acquire and from data of our customers.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole

Ha ha I meant ‘pleasing’ results not ‘pleading’! Although I do plead with the computer frequently. 

Great minds think alike they say. You’re implementing these presets, Ivo Jaeger over at StarTools is going something similar with his Combine module, and I see some in the PI community creating scripts for this. Astro image processing really entering a golden age I think. 

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul_t800)
Hydrogen Atom

Is there a way to join the beta programme? I'm currently running 1.075 on Mac and RGB combine doesn't seem to work at all anymore for me. I've tried Tif & fit files though nothings coming out as it's supposed to (i.e.: either pitch black or completely white, and tried all other options I could possibly think about). There are some semi exceptions, though I won't get into it all here. I'd love to try out the beta and give some feedback if possible! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Check the first link at the top of each forum page that you open 😉

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @paul_t800

Is there a way to join the beta programme? I'm currently running 1.075 on Mac and RGB combine doesn't seem to work at all anymore for me. I've tried Tif & fit files though nothings coming out as it's supposed to (i.e.: either pitch black or completely white, and tried all other options I could possibly think about). There are some semi exceptions, though I won't get into it all here. I'd love to try out the beta and give some feedback if possible! 🙂

@paul_t800 & @wvreeven,

There is no official beta programme which you can join.... but we sometimes release beta versions before a stable release which anyone can test to help solve any remaining issues/bugs.

Currently, you can download APP 1.076 beta 4 and the link to (all) the downloads is at the top of the forum 😉 It has a huge update for the RGB Combine tool and also 2 bug fixes which could be harming you in APP 1.075 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@paul_t800)
Hydrogen Atom

@mabula-admin

Thanks Mabula, 
I've downloaded the beta and it seems Ito solve most of my problems. Besides an ineptitude on my part I think this has solved most of the problems. I would however like to make some suggestions if you are open to it, from a beginners perspective. (oh and a graphics designers perspective 😉 ) 

I have to say though, the presets for pallet choice in RGB combine are excellent! so thanks for them, a huge plus for the amateur photographer.

ReplyQuote
Share: