Show the way to MON...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Show the way to MONTEREY

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@t_clanger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

Being a "user" of APP for less than 24 hours I have it my second snag. My first is my lack of ability which I live with. The second is that using MacOS Monterey, I see my HD files but external discs show no files at all.

What am I not doing or doing wrong?  It would be helpful for me to access my data to  put APP through its paces.

Also even after a few hours of trying fathom out how it works and read a considerable amount of the forum I am seriously impressed and greatly encouraged by the program and especially the wealth of support given to members. Although I am still on trial I feel it inevitable that I will be fully signed up for the long haul before long.

cheers

TC

ReplyQuote
(@turtlecat1000)
Red Giant

It works fine with external drives but Java just doesn't show other drives in a MacOS standard way. What you're looking for is in /Volumes on the Mac (you'll have to use the UNIX path names as that is what it is under the surface). In the open or save dialog, just type /volumes and enter and it'll show you the list of drives. Or you can click the dropdown selection at the top and select / and then you'll see volumes listed. Then double-click the volumes line to see your external drives.

ReplyQuote
(@t_clanger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thank you for the prompt response.

I clearly do not express myself well.

I see the Volumes (all the external discs ) and can select all of them but when selected there are no files or folders listed. 

cheers

John

ReplyQuote
(@t_clanger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

Apologies all round.

I found a tag in OS  that as for permission to be granted to APP.

Crisis averted.

Many thanks and apologies for lack of knowledge.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No need for an apology, this is always how we learn!

ReplyQuote
Share: