Wrong amount of "us...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Wrong amount of "used" memory?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@msa)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Complete newbie here (as in: started using APP a few minutes ago), so I apologize in advance if I'm completely wrong, but: Is it possible that the reported "OS" memory usage is including caches/buffers?

See attached screenshot -- conky (that draws the stuff on the left of my screen) is showing the correct amount of RAM actually used by applications (62% of 16G), but APP shows "15624/15936".

2022 02 17 22 00

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The memory indicator on the left (in APP) saying "RAM APP" is what APP reserved. The OS part is what then would be left I think, not 100% sure though, if you want I can ask Mabula to clarify further. I think the indicator you have on the left may not see the "reservation" part.

ReplyQuote
(@msa)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent! I'm mostly interested in: Do I need to worry about "OS" memory being red, or is this just a peculiarity of the way this is calculated?

ReplyQuote
Share: