2023-01-19: APP 2.0...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

2023-01-19: APP 2.0.0-beta13 works on Linux Mint

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@tomsen)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

very well.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That's great to hear! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@contactdeepskyconnect-uk)
Molecular Cloud

I'm testing Beta 17 on Linux Mint 21.1 and it runs really great.

I'm using dual CPU EPYC 7601 CPU's with 256GB of RAM and NVME 8TB stripped RAID 0, 16 TB Stripped 6GB SATA and 8 TB stripped 6 GB SATA storage. I've experienced no stability issues at all and will continue to test. The registration of my old data was problematic using PixInsight however, APP tore through the registration with no issues. I have an 80TB Synology DS918+ running SHR2 to mitigate data safety (which is also backed up to external storage).

I like that capability to leverage my old data sets- so a big well done to the developers.

I'm waiting for the latest stable release where I hope I will be able to save progress as I integrate many thousands of files using this platform so its very time consuming to feed the required data sets if I need to restart the computer.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Mark @contactdeepskyconnect-uk,

That is really great to know, thank you very much for your feedback, that is highly appreciated !

Yes, project save/load is coming 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Molecular Cloud

I spotted a small issue that seemed to have a big impact. The automated log stopped running at time stamp 11:33 - please see the screenshot. I thought I could just kill it & it would restart. I pressed the close button- the window did not close however the performance of the integration improved dramatically. Did this process crash & drag the whole interface down- it seemed to get better after the attempted closure of the window even though it looked like nothing happened.

I'd be interested to try & understand what happened.

console stopped

This post was modified 10 months ago by Mark Shelton

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

This is a new one for me, the separate console should definitely not be any bottleneck for processing.  I have not experienced that it would nor that it would stop like in your case. A clean removal of the process console is done with the CFG button. Simple disable the console output there. You can not disable it with the window close icon, it does nothing actually.

To make sure that it is not a bottleneck, I will do some benchmarks with the console enabled/disabled. If I see a noticable difference in performance I will have a good look to fix that unwanted behaviour.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Molecular Cloud

Hi Mabula,

Thank you for your reply. I've not seen this issue again despite a lot of re-testing. It may have been something I did whilst I was learning the system. I would not worry too much about the issue as it would only be a problem if I saw it multiple times. Coincidentally I have just had a failure on one of the SATA disks in the RAID configuration that I was using for the output files to be generated as file copies- this could be connected. I will continue to monitor & feedback anything that is of concern.

Thank you again for your kind attention.

Best wishes

Mark

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Again, that is good to know 😉 thanks for your feedback. Just to be sure, i performed a benchmark with the about to be release 2.0.0-beta20 with the general console open and closed and I see no difference in performance 🙂 which is good to know as well !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: