Credit for renter u...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Credit for renter upgrade to owner?

9 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@dariv)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Is there a discounted upgrade path from rental to owner or is it full price after the rental term?

-Dariv

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Good question and I have no idea, it's likely you can discuss something like that with Mabula (@mabula-admin).

ReplyQuote
(@dariv)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Message sent to mabula on 12/19, no response yet. 

I ask because I've rented software from other vendors who gave the option to purchase at the end of the rental for a discounted price. Sort of like leasing a car.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think we could work something out, but I can't decide regarding that. Seems Mabula is crazy busy this end of the year so hope he comes back to it..

ReplyQuote
(@jonkjon)
Hydrogen Atom

Any additional word on this? I am interested in this option as well. Thanks...

--Jon

ReplyQuote
(@dariv)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

There is no upgrade path.

You select either renter's or owner's and pay the associated license fee.

The difference is that owners pay an additional fee if they want to upgrade to a newer release, renters always have the latest revision of APP.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @dariv, @vincent-mod & @jonkjon,

Indeed, there is no upgrade option to the Owner License after 1 year of having used a Renter License with a subtraction of the Renter license cost.

The reason is that it concerns a different license model, like stated in the product description:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/product/astro-pixel-processor-owner-license/

• an Astro Pixel Processor license that never expires. You buy the software, so the software wil never stop working after the initial software activation.
  • you will always have access to download the latest APP version with updates and bug fixes.
  • in case of a big upgrade of Astro Pixel Processor in the future, that introduces new features or structurally enhances the user interface, you could be asked an upgrade fee if you want to use the upgraded version. The old version without upgrade will not stop to work.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/product/astro-pixel-processor-renter-license/

• an Astro Pixel Processor license that expires after 365 days. You rent the software, so the software will stop working after the expiry date.
  • after license expiry, you can renew your Renter’s license for another 365 days for the same amount of 50 euros excluding VAT.
  • you will always have access to download the latest APP version with updates, bug fixes and major upgrades.

So the Renter and Owner license model are different with respect to future major upgrades. So my advice is to choose the model that suits you best.

Please let me know if this answers your questions about the license types and if you have any others,

Kind regards,

Mabula

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@jonkjon)
Hydrogen Atom

Thanks for the reply. I thought this was the case but I needed to know for sure. 

Thank you again for the fast response.

--Jon

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

You are most welcome @jonkjon 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: