Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Flat Field calibration is not possible

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sandconp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am getting this message while I am trying to calibrate my frames.  I get this message every time when it's try to intregate the light, flat and dark frame.

It looks like it does not like my master flat.

app

ReplyQuote
(@sandconp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I did some research and I needed to check on the 0 raw/fits tab the CFA option.

Now I am getting a new error message:

app2

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So it tells you that the flat needs to be calibrated. Did you use a proper bias or darkflat when creating the masterflat in APP?

ReplyQuote
(@sandconp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I use Sharpcap Pro to create my flats and darks and I believe they are considered master flats and darks.  I never take bias frames.

I opened a question on the Sharpcap Forum and this is Robin's response:

thanks for sharing files. I've looked at them and I can see that image files and dark frame are in RGB format whereas the flat frame is monochrome. SharpCap's image processing is quite happy with this arrangement – after all the flat frame really only need to be monochrome. It looks like other programs such as pixinsight are less forgiving though.

So it look like APP, DSS and PixInsight don't like it.

Any suggestions to get it to work with APP?

Sharpcap's suggestion would be to create the frames in Raw 16 instead of RGB so would you agree and would that take care of my issue?

By the way, I watched the new comet video and started to go through the process using the Beta Version but I see that's it not quite finished because stars are not aligned.  Any idea when this will be ready for full comet processing?

Conrad

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not sure actually, normally this error pops up if indeed the flats aren't properly calibrated. Did you calibrate them in APP or in Sharpcap? Masterdarks and masterflats need to be created in APP for it to know it was properly calibrated.

For the comet feature, this is just the beta version in which it only stacks on the comet. It does perform alignment first, but then stacks on the comet. In the full version we want to have more options like your wish.

ReplyQuote
Share: