Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Issue With Comet Registration (Core Center Click)

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jameshawks)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hello,

I am constantly running into this error message when trying to register my comet frames. APP is asking me to click the comet core, I do but it detects the wrong spot forcing me to click farther away to center on the core. This works most of the time but eventually I get this error and the registration fails forcing me to start over. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. 

Screenshot 2021 11 07 134359

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, some data shows this behavior and should be fixed in the upcoming 1.083 release.

ReplyQuote
(@jameshawks)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Any word on this update or a beta release to fix this? It is extremely frustrating to go through 100 then error out on frame 101 when you have several hundred to process. Is there a trick or work around that I can try?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not a trick in this case no, the 1.083 release is very close to release, if that doesn't fix it please let us know and I'll make sure Mabula takes a good look as to why and hopefully fix it.

ReplyQuote
(@ericyang)
Hydrogen Atom

Have the same issue and I think it will be much easier if I can manually select the center pixel

ReplyQuote
(@bwmarsh)
Hydrogen Atom

I'm having the same issue (tried with Yes and NO answers) and haven't been able to get through this step yet.  I agree it is very frustrating to click through most of the frames only to have the program fail when you're almost done...please fix ASAP or remove the capability until it is fixed.  Thanks! 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Just for clarification, this functionality is in a beta version of course, which means there can be issues. Mabula knows about it and will address them.

ReplyQuote
(@andy-smith)
Molecular Cloud

Yes I'm getting the exact same problme in 1.083- beta 2

This post was modified 2 years ago by Andrew Smith

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all,

This is all fixed in the upcoming release 😉 APP 1.083-beta3 is coming very soon now.. and the 1.083 stable release as well.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-083-preparing-next-release/

IMPROVED, Comet registration, the code to detect the comet nucleus has been improved much from the beta2 code. It has also been optimized in terms of memory usage so it works better and more efficiently now. Furthermore, you can now skip an image if visual comet detection seems to fail, in that case the detection is done based on the detection in the other frames combined with calculating the speed of the comet relative to the stars if the time shot metadata is being used. By default you will need to visually select the comet in the final frame to make all calculations more robust and reliable. In the 1.083-beta2 version, the comet detection would sometimes lead to an endless loop which will no longer occur as well so that has been solved. Once the comet has been detected properly in 3 frames, the comet speed is calculated which leads to better detection and prediction of the comet in the following frames as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: