19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.
31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!
ASI 2600MC images out of Astroberry
Hello and good day,
I try to get to a solution here - I am using Astroberry now (as an alternative to ASIAIR Pro) and got my first shots of an easy target, M42. The files are about 73MB large (with ASI about 50MB) and after trying to process them (including stretching), they are just unusable - only one channel seems to have been processed and stretched - the Red channel (the ASI is a RGGB sensor/matrix camera). A screenshot out of PI shows what I mean.
I assume, that one has to activate the option "3D Cube" in the setup of the EKOS system to get to "normal" XISF files, right? Or did I do anything else wrong?
Thanks and regards
I personally don't use Astroberry at the moment, I think it's better if you ask on their forum? You will likely get a detailed answer there. Also, what does APP show, the same?
@vincent-mod I asked Georg on the INDI forum to post here. As it happens I own an ASI2600MC too so perhaps I can help a bit.
@gnnyman Can you upload 5 of those images to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ using upload1 for both username and password? Please create a directory called gnnyman_asi2600mc and put the files in there. Then I will have a look. Thanks!
I was so furious, that I deleted all of those files, But as soon as I have a clear sky, I shall shoot again and then I post those images as you suggested..
@gnnyman Georg, I took these pics with our ASI2600MC last night. Does this look like what you are experiencing as well?
I took about 20 images with the ASI2600MC using NINA and the ZWO ASCOM driver but I see similar issues using Ekos (installed myself on a Raspberry Pi 4 running Ubuntu Mate so in a way very similar to your AstroBerry) and with ASIStudio on Windows (which only uses the native ZWO driver and not ASCOM).
The first couple of images only seem to have green data:
Then there is one image with a transition. Note the 'bar' at the top of the image:
Then several look like this:
And then finally a few more images like the first one appear. The images were taken using a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 and a 2" L-Extreme filter but that of course doesn't matter for how the sensor works.
I have no idea, what changed, but yesterday evening, everything was fine - the files are as expected and as usual....thanks for your ongoing support!