Windows Crashes Dur...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Windows Crashes During Large Integrations

11 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@dariv)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I'm running APP on a Win7 Enterprise machine. APP crashes on large integration (600 subs) All steps up to final integration work fine. Gets about 85% of the way on integration and locks up the PC. Throws garbage up on screen. Have to force power off and restart.  Two of three stacks successfully integrated. How do I recover from this?

APP doesn't seem to know where it left off leaving me to start over from calibration. This is several hours lost and not the first time this happens. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if it's a local problem. The PC crash and garbage screen only happens when using APP, no other issues. 

I have 7 threads and 14gb allocated to APP  

• 64 bit
  • Core I7
  • 16Gb RAM
  • 500Gb SSD

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

600 frames is a bit of a stretch to stack all at once, it consumes too much memory probably at certain steps. It's better to divide them into 200 sub stacks and then integrate the 3 resulting integrations.

A history feature of steps is a nice idea yes, I think it's also on the list to be supported in due time.

ReplyQuote
(@dariv)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Can you be more specific on how this would be done? I can break down subs by filter, but how do you register and normalize between sets?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah it's different filters, well then you make those in separate stacks, usually I process those completely to my liking first and then you load them into APP again using the multi-filter option and then proceed to register them. Save the registered frames, go to the tools tab and use the combine RGB feature to combine them.

Screenshot 2019 08 06 at 16.04.52
Screenshot 2019 08 06 at 16.07.12

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Also, I guess you configured APP to use more memory than set standard?

Mine is set a bit too high as I also just have 16GB total, I simply use APP only when I'm not doing much else. 🙂

Screenshot 2019 08 06 at 16.18.40

ReplyQuote
(@dariv)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Ah it's different filters, well then you make those in separate stacks, usually I process those completely to my liking first and then you load them into APP again using the multi-filter option and then proceed to register them. Save the registered frames, go to the tools tab and use the combine RGB feature to combine them.

Are you saying to completely run each filter from load to integrate and then load the three integrations again with multi-channel, register them, then combine in RGB?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, if that makes the subs at a more reasonable level of 100-200 at a time. Otherwise you split up a bit more, but basically doing the same thing. Doing it all at once works as well, but if it's this much, dividing is a better approach.

ReplyQuote
(@dariv)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Does this have an effect on normalization, or is normalization only considering the subs in each stack. I mean does normalization take subs from different filters into account or does it work only "locally" per stack.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think you're correct there, you need to save the normalized stacks then go to RGB combine. Sorry.

ReplyQuote
(@tmyers)
Red Giant

Saw this thread and it interested me. I am shooting one shot color, and can easily end up with 5 or 600 frames of data over the course of many nights of imaging. When I have tried this I check Multi Session and assign the light and calibration frames to the correct session. Should I be running each night separately and then combining integrated frames with each other?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Multi session processing is handy when you have the need for different flats per night or other calibration data that differs. And in the end you can further integrate the calibrated data yes.

ReplyQuote
Share: