last working folder...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

last working folder history in 2.0.0-beta6 causes issues that did not occur 1.083.3 release

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@subseven79)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I've been using APP for about 20 months and have used it to process exposures from about 250 nights of imaging over that period of time.  Thanks for developing such a great product.  I recently upgraded from 1.083.3 to 2.0.0-beta6 and have been enjoying the new release but today encountered an issue that I never had with any previous release.

Using my win10 laptop with 2.0.0-beta6 I was working at home last night with files on my NAS that were on a mapped network drives (mapped to drive A:\).  Today I am working from another location without access to my home's local network and NAS and I clicked the set working folder button after launching APP and it took forever to load, like ~5-10 minutes maybe?  After that, I clicked the Lights button to load my lights files to process, and the same thing happened.  I noticed that APP now saves the last working folder in 2.0.0-beta6.  In 1.083.3 the working folder was initially always set C:\Users\Mike and I could easily change it to other locations and I never encountered the ~5-10 minutes to load issue when changing environments.

Is it possible to disable the saving of the working folder or last used folder ? If it is not, is it possible to improve the response time when trying to load the previous working folder that is no longer available due to change of environment?  I think the last-used folder history may also apply to lights/darks/etc file loading buttons as well, not just the working-folder button.

Thanks,
Mike

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi Michael,

Yes, these kind of issues seem to be related to the filechooser we're using in Java. It seem it's not always working well with network shares and such. I'm currently working on replacing the chooser, so my hope is that these issues will be a thing of the past.

ReplyQuote
(@subseven79)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Following-up on this issue I reported using 2.0.0-beta6.  I just tried 2.0.0-beta9 that uses the new native file chooser, and I'm not experiencing the issue I reported anymore.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: