APP no longer start...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] APP no longer starts

77 Posts
5 Users
12 Likes
(@stastro)
Black Hole

@mabula-admin

Thank you, works very quick now

This post was modified 7 months ago by Simon Todd

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @stastro

@mabula-admin

Thank you, works very quick now

Thanks, excellent Simon @stastro is the startup time also better now on your system when you install for your user only ?

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Black Hole

@mabula-admin I did not remove and re-install for everyone yesterday, so yes this is running as "For me only"

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @stastro

@mabula-admin I did not remove and re-install for everyone yesterday, so yes this is running as "For me only"

Ah excellent, so that is clear confirmation that my workaround is doing the trick, right ? Hopefully it works now well for @rouvinho209 and @technohell as well.

Thanks Simon !

ReplyQuote
(@rouvinho209)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Unfortunately I still have the same issue. But it's ok. It seems to be a problem only on my computer. You've invested so much time on this issue. I don't want any more time to be spent on this issue. My workaround is to use the laptop of my daughter for APP ;-). Many, many thanks Mabula! Best, Rouven

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @rouvinho209

Unfortunately I still have the same issue. But it's ok. It seems to be a problem only on my computer. You've invested so much time on this issue. I don't want any more time to be spent on this issue. My workaround is to use the laptop of my daughter for APP ;-). Many, many thanks Mabula! Best, Rouven

Hi Rouven @rouvinho209,

Okay, I really do think that the issue on your system will be related to your graphical drivers somehow. So I would suggest that you try the following if you did not do this already: try to clean up the graphical drivers, so first remove the drivers for your AMD graphical chip/card (was AMD right?) completely. Then install the latest graphical drivers from the card manufacturer or from AMD. (Do not use Microsoft drivers!)

The reason for this is that this morning I got a report by email that that solved the issue on someone elses computer, where APP would not start anymore... since 2.0.0-beta14

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Sven @technohell & Rouven @rouvinho209 and Simon @stastro,

Can you please try this 2.0.0-beta24-test4 version?

All the work and testing I already did, made me realize that things should and can work better in terms of startup experience of Astro Pixel Processor.

I have done much more modifications now and APP will now start 4x faster than earlier on my Windows 10 machine, startup time was 10seconds, now only 2-3 seconds. On my mac mini M1 it is only 1,5 seconds now, it was 3-4.

Especially OpenGL initialization is much faster, while testing I noticed that OpenGL really benefits if I let it initialize in it's own separate thread. And this is also might be the solution for APP not starting at all in some cases.

Anyway, please test this and let me know if things are better now ;-), thanks !

https://appreleaseserver.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/2.0.0-beta24-test4/AstroPixelProcessor-2.0.0-beta24-test4-Windows-64-bit.zip

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Black Hole

@mabula-admin 

Drum roll please.....................................

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Black Hole

Although @mabula-admin

If I close APP and re-launch, it sometimes just sits there like this:

This post was modified 7 months ago by Simon Todd

ReplyQuote
(@rouvinho209)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Mabula, you were right! Although an AMD graphical driver was already installed, I deinstalled it and set up a new one. Now it works finally 🙂 And it works very fast (2.1 sec!) Many, many thanks!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rouvinho209)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

But I have the same issue as Simon after a re-launch with the beta24-test4-version.

Screenshot 2023 09 26 192532

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all, thanks, indeed, it was misbehaving sometimes here as well.. working on the solution right now. Should have a fix for that within 15 minutes...

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Sven @technohell & Rouven @rouvinho209 and Simon @stastro,

Can you please try 2.0.0-beta24-test5 version? This should work all the time now, and I think has solved this issue now 100% 🙂 finally !

https://appreleaseserver.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/2.0.0-beta24-test5/AstroPixelProcessor-2.0.0-beta24-test5-Windows-64-bit.zip

Looking forward to your test results !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @rouvinho209

Mabula, you were right! Although an AMD graphical driver was already installed, I deinstalled it and set up a new one. Now it works finally 🙂 And it works very fast (2.1 sec!) Many, many thanks!

@rouvinho209 Oh wow, finally ! So it indeed was also a driver issue here... glad that you have found it now !

ReplyQuote
(@stastro)
Black Hole

@mabula-admin 

Run1:

Run2:

Run3:

Run4:

Run5:

Pretty safe to say, hell yeah it's resolved!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rouvinho209)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin It works stable now 🙂 Well done!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @stastro & @rouvinho209,

Excellent, thank you very much, i have closed this issue now and will release 2.0.0-beta24 with this improvement soon.

Mabula

Simon Todd reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: