Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Tutorial for creating Bad Pixel Map (BPM) Using Darks and Dark Flats with the ZWO ASI 1600 MM pro

5 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
(@nitesky)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Worked through creating a Bad Pixel Map for those with the ZWO ASI 1600MM type cmos cameras. 

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

Thank you Nitesky, was looking for that...

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Again, thanks a lot Nitesky!

ReplyQuote
(@detoxx)
Main Sequence Star

Hi!

i know thats a old topic, but im buying a new ASI 1600MM Pro and i use BPMs with my DSLRs as well. Normally, you need to calibrate Flats with Darks, Mabula told me this. So it is a difference between DSLR and a Cooled Mono to dont use Flats, but Use Bias/Darkflats?

Greetings

Markus

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Markus @detoxx,

Please check my reply here regarding your question: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/bpm-with-a-new-asi1600-mm-pro-2/#post-9135

Calibrate your lights with darks and flats and your flats need flatdarks to be properly calirbated 😉

You always want to use flats to remove dust and vignetting from your light frames 😉 no matter what camera you use.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: