Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Stackinging less stars  

RSS

(@vigo79)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 10, 2021 10:24  

Hello, I ever had problems with star analysis. I thought the reason is the "500" value of this module. Now I have an actual beta version installed and tried it with some values down to 14. It will not work.
I attached two sample pics they won´t work. A .fits from Messier 27 and a convertet comet Neowise picture (.nef Nikon to .jpg in cause of file size).

DSC 4881

Greetings Vigo

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 11, 2021 10:16  

Does look like it should work I think, are you calibrating the images properly?

ReplyQuote
(@vigo79)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 15, 2021 20:32  

oh yes, I do! Don´t know why it does not work 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 15, 2021 21:52  

May be something in either the lights or the calibration data. If you want you can upload like 10 lights and your master calibration frames to our server for us to test;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “vigo79-cometregistration” and upload in there. Thank you!

I'm very busy tomorrow, so might take 2 days for me to check.

ReplyQuote
(@vigo79)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 17, 2021 13:21  

Sorry I did not get a mail notification when someone answer here in the forum. I uploaded ten images. But its not a comet, its the cats eye nebula with 2023mm focal length and a ASI178MC camera.
Please try to stack this for me.
Thanks a lot!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 18, 2021 10:40  

Thanks, I'll have a look at it today. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 18, 2021 15:37  

Ok so looking at it now, I see you have a gain of 0. Is that on purpose? I wonder if that may cause issues here.

Anyway, the star analysis indeed only finds 20 stars on average but registers fine. Stacking also works, so maybe there is a combination going on of an issue with the gain setting versus a problem in your calibration files? If you could upload a masterbias, masterdark and masterflat to the same folder I can test that as well. It did integrate, bit odd though as it seems the nebula is clipping, seems like your camera settings aren't right.

Screenshot 2021 06 18 153603

ReplyQuote
(@vigo79)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 20, 2021 19:58  

Thanks a lot, I tried it with and without Bias, Darks. I didn´t make flats. I will upload Masterdark and Masterbias in a few minutes. Did you do a special setting or automatic at "star analysis"? My NORMAL workflow is to load my lights and corrections frames and then go to tab 6 and push integration. Because the most of times the standard settings works very very good with my Rasa 11" and 620mm focallength with ASI 2600MC Pro.
But the cats Eye I shoted with my EdgeHD8 with 2032mm Focallength and the small ASI178MC sensor.

P.S.: Is it possible to set a email notification when I got an answere here?

This post was modified 1 month ago by Vigo79

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 21, 2021 10:49  

Yes I had the standard settings also for registration. I'm using 1.083 beta 2 and stacked this one without the calibration frames. I'll see if the calibration data changes anything.

You should get email notifications automatically usually, on top of this thread there is a "subscribe" link I think. If it says "unsubscribe" you already should be getting notifications.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 21, 2021 11:50  

Ok, stacked the image with the masters as well, no problem. I'm wondering if you're using an older APP version that might give you some troubles in this case? I know the registration module was updated quite a bit.

ReplyQuote
Share: