Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Stackinging less stars

10 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@vigo79)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello, I ever had problems with star analysis. I thought the reason is the "500" value of this module. Now I have an actual beta version installed and tried it with some values down to 14. It will not work.
I attached two sample pics they won´t work. A .fits from Messier 27 and a convertet comet Neowise picture (.nef Nikon to .jpg in cause of file size).

DSC 4881

Greetings Vigo

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Does look like it should work I think, are you calibrating the images properly?

ReplyQuote
(@vigo79)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

oh yes, I do! Don´t know why it does not work 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

May be something in either the lights or the calibration data. If you want you can upload like 10 lights and your master calibration frames to our server for us to test;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “vigo79-cometregistration” and upload in there. Thank you!

I'm very busy tomorrow, so might take 2 days for me to check.

ReplyQuote
(@vigo79)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Sorry I did not get a mail notification when someone answer here in the forum. I uploaded ten images. But its not a comet, its the cats eye nebula with 2023mm focal length and a ASI178MC camera.
Please try to stack this for me.
Thanks a lot!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks, I'll have a look at it today. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok so looking at it now, I see you have a gain of 0. Is that on purpose? I wonder if that may cause issues here.

Anyway, the star analysis indeed only finds 20 stars on average but registers fine. Stacking also works, so maybe there is a combination going on of an issue with the gain setting versus a problem in your calibration files? If you could upload a masterbias, masterdark and masterflat to the same folder I can test that as well. It did integrate, bit odd though as it seems the nebula is clipping, seems like your camera settings aren't right.

Screenshot 2021 06 18 153603

ReplyQuote
(@vigo79)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot, I tried it with and without Bias, Darks. I didn´t make flats. I will upload Masterdark and Masterbias in a few minutes. Did you do a special setting or automatic at "star analysis"? My NORMAL workflow is to load my lights and corrections frames and then go to tab 6 and push integration. Because the most of times the standard settings works very very good with my Rasa 11" and 620mm focallength with ASI 2600MC Pro.
But the cats Eye I shoted with my EdgeHD8 with 2032mm Focallength and the small ASI178MC sensor.

P.S.: Is it possible to set a email notification when I got an answere here?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Vigo79

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes I had the standard settings also for registration. I'm using 1.083 beta 2 and stacked this one without the calibration frames. I'll see if the calibration data changes anything.

You should get email notifications automatically usually, on top of this thread there is a "subscribe" link I think. If it says "unsubscribe" you already should be getting notifications.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, stacked the image with the masters as well, no problem. I'm wondering if you're using an older APP version that might give you some troubles in this case? I know the registration module was updated quite a bit.

ReplyQuote
Share: