Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

[Sticky] Registration & Integration of a multi-channel mosaic - The Veil Nebula by Jeroen Moonen  

RSS

(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
June 22, 2017 16:43  

Jeroen Moonen just made a very nice multi-channel H-alpha OIII mosaic:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/gallery/first-mosaic-and-preprocessing-in-app/#post-461

158 FINAL

This is a stunning Veil Nebula Jeroen 😉 ! Very nice...

How did you register the different narrowband channels ? Did you register them all at once as a multi-layer mosaic?

Cheers,

Mabula

His answer:

Hi Mabula, I loaded all of the calibrated frames (2x Ha + 2x O3 stack) into APP, did a star analysis on all four stacks and after that I

registered them (I let APP decide which frame it wanted to use as a reference). After registration I deselected both O3-stacks in the file list

and did an integration, obtaining the complete Ha- mosaic. After that I deselected the Ha stacks and selected the O3 stack and did a new

intergration for the complete O3 mosaic. During the entire process I used the settings from Sara Wagners video on your website.

Excellent Jeroen,

that is actually the best way (technically speaking) to register a multi-channel mosaic. Register all panels of all layers simultaneously 😉

I'll make a workflow topic for multichannel mosaic and direct it to this topic 😉

Cheers,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

Jeroen liked
ReplyQuote
Share: