Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Registration failed with 1.082

14 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@tsnapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have tried all of the suggestions that come with that pop up notice that registration has failed.  I am using data downloaded from Telescope Live for the Bode's galaxy.

Perhaps I don't understand the process well and do not know what I am doing. since I am still very new to this.  This happens with some images but not others.

What can I do to fix it?

Thanks kfor yourd help. I know you are very busy

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No problem Terry, that's why we're here. 🙂

Could you give a bit more information about the type of data and what exactly is going wrong?

ReplyQuote
(@tsnapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

There were 18 calibrated images and with a total of 90 minutes of exposure on the SPA 2 telescope.  The breakout was:  Blue, 5 images of 300 seconds each; 4 images of 300 secs each of Green; Red was 5 images of 300 secs each and Luminance was 4 images of 300 seconds. I used all the default settings on the registration tab, though when the error message poped up. I did try to change some of settings on the ones mentioned in the message but did not get a different result.  16 of the 18 Light images failed on the Registration tab.

All the images came from Telescope Live data.

I also had an error message pop up on another Telescope Live M66 image but with the Analysis tab, which I had never had happen before.

I have been able to process other images without such error messages.  Makes me wonder if the data is somehow corrupted that I am getting or if I am not doing something right or needing to adjust some settings.

I so much appreciate your help.

ReplyQuote
(@tsnapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I frogot tO mention I use a MAC desktop with the latest version BIG SUR.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mm, so if resgistration is failing then maybe it's due to bad data indeed. Might be an issue with calibration data as I've seen that go wrong a lot with online services. Could you maybe post a screenshot of the masterdark, masterbias and a light sub from the data that is giving issues?

ReplyQuote
(@tsnapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Here are  the images you requested I hope!  Let me. know what I have missed.  H

Hope these give some insight into the problem.

This is the first time I have worked with screenshots so I hope I have done it right

Screen Shot 2021 04 24 at 1.25.33 PM
Screen Shot 2021 04 24 at 1.19.32 PM
Screen Shot 2021 04 24 at 1.29.04 PM
Screen Shot 2021 04 24 at 1.29.20 PM

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Well the screenshots worked, but I meant to show me the actual Dark and a light frame, just to see how that looks like for me to get an idea. 🙂 Otherwise you can also upload some data to our server, whichever you prefer.

ReplyQuote
(@tsnapp)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks for being patient with me.  I will send you the frames as soon as I can. This is all so new to me in seeking to understand the vocabulary and using the app correctly. I am determined to do it no matter how long it takes .  I am so inspired by the images I see others develop 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No problem at all Terry, would love to see you get into it even better. 🙂

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named "tsnapp-regfailure” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@astropaulchen)
White Dwarf

Dear Vincent, I got the same Problems yesterday. There is no problem to stack using Luminar or SiriL. I do not want to trash too much pictures. It was a long night to shoot them 😎 

so what's the best Workarround to avoid that Error?

regards

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@astropaulchen What version of APP are you using? Is it 1.083-beta2? If yes please try 1.083-beta1. 

ReplyQuote
(@astropaulchen)
White Dwarf

Dear Wouter, 

you are right: I use beta 2. o.k. I will load beta 1 and come back to you with my experience. 

thank you

Peter

P.S. another question: how can I save a project. / its state / a snapshot? yesterday evening it was too late to work my nebula to an end. So I stopped. Accidentally somebody switched of my Computer and after restarting APP there was a blank screen and I had to beginn from scratch. 😫 

ReplyQuote
(@astropaulchen)
White Dwarf

I am sorry - but I can't find a download page for 1.083 beta1 - can you mail me a link?

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@astropaulchen Regarding saving a project: this is not possible yet. It will be made available in a future version.

For a download link for 1.083-beta1, see the top of any forum page.

ReplyQuote
Share: