Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Overly Orange Photos - Combining R, G, B with Ha & OIII data using an Optolong L-eNhance filter

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@stuartallen)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

My camera is an ASI294MC Pro. I have used the L-Enhance filter on the last few photos I've taken. Have followed the workflow of Combining R, G, B with Ha & OIII data using an Optolong L-eNhance filter.

They all seem to process out with an overly Orange color the same as when I just process normally choosing RGGB and Force Bayer. I see others get more blue areas in their photos. See the picture below.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Hi Stuart,

Is this a stack without post-processing? Then that’s why the image is so orange. Ha dominates over OIII. The images you see usually are taken with separate filters and the separate Ha and OIII stacks get combined such that blue and green come out much better. You can start with that in APP by going to tab 0 and selecting Ha OIII - Extract Ha and integrate the lights. Then repeat with Ha OIII - Extract OIII. In tab 9 you can then recombine the two resulting stacks by choosing HOO 1 or HOO 2. Please note that even then you will need to do a lot of post-processing to get the colors to your liking. 

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
Share: