Support for ASICAP ...

Share:

Astro Pixel Processor download links are here (must be logged in !)

24th Feb 2020 - APP 1.076 beta 4 is available... check the release notes !

2019 November: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse, Astronomer in Charge of iTelescope.net

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Support for ASICAP FITS header: EXPOINUS  

RSS

(@ralph)
Main Sequence Star Customer
November 12, 2019 08:53  

In ASICAP (I'm using version 1.2 on Mac) the exposure time is identified by "EXPOINUS", in microseconds. APP 1.075 doesn't recognise this and reports zero exposure time. My stacks still turn out OK, but it would be nice to also recognise the somewhat odd naming of the exposure time. Can this be added in future versions?

Screen Shot 2019 11 12 at 08.47.26

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
November 12, 2019 10:05  

@ralph There are documents describing the FITS standard. Wouldn't it be better to contact ZWO and ask them to make sure that ASICAP adheres to those standards? I am aware that this doesn't solve the issue with your images and perhaps a small (python?) script that rewrites the FITS keywords into what they are supposed to be could help. I can give you a hand there if you are not familiar with python.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
November 13, 2019 10:11  

I just saw this post on the ZWO forum:

https://bbs.astronomy-imaging-camera.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10295

Out of curiosity, did you open that topic @ralph or is this someone else?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
November 13, 2019 12:05  

That is indeed a weird way to name it, indeed it would be a good idea to also ask ASI about it, they might change it maybe. If not, I guess Mabula could add it, but if it's totally non-standard and only with that program, he might not.

ReplyQuote
Share: