Possible memory lea...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Possible memory leak in RGB Compose

8 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@karolbe)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello,

I have noticed that when you are in the RGB compose module, and you change stretch mode using the drop-down on the right, then the memory usage goes up every time a new image is displayed. I have 64GB of RAM and I can easily crash my computer by trying too many stretch options. What is worse, the memory is not released when you exit the RGB compose module, making APP restart the only option when you want to compose another image.

OS is Linux (Fedora). APP version is 2.0.0 beta 17

Karol

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @karolbe

Hello,

I have noticed that when you are in the RGB compose module, and you change stretch mode using the drop-down on the right, then the memory usage goes up every time a new image is displayed. I have 64GB of RAM and I can easily crash my computer by trying too many stretch options. What is worse, the memory is not released when you exit the RGB compose module, making APP restart the only option when you want to compose another image.

OS is Linux (Fedora). APP version is 2.0.0 beta 17

Karol

Hi Karol @karolbe,

Thank you very much for reporting this. I will investigate a.s.a.p. ! and fix of course!

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @karolbe,

Indeed, I can confirm this is a big problem actually. I will work on this now with high priority for the next beta20 release.

Mabula

Karol Bryd reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @karolbe,

This problem has been solved, APP 2.0.0-beta20 will be much better in terms of memory management, giving back memory quickly to the Operating System if possible 😉

Mabula

Karol Bryd reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jan-willem)
Neutron Star

Hi Mabula,

I did saw this threat and also want to report a memory issu.

When I load files stack or proces the memory usage is building up and up.

When I push the "clear" button no memory comes back, also need to close the program and need to restart.

The only difference between me and KarolB is that I use windows 10.

Clear skies Jan-Willem 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Jan-Willem @jan-willem,

Thank you very much, indeed, it is the same internal problem of these beta's yes. I have improved it a lot in the upcoming beta20 for sure !

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jan-willem)
Neutron Star

@mabula-admin 

Thank you, looking forward to the new beta or 2.0 version!!

Clear skies Jan-Willem 

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

You are most welcome !

ReplyQuote
Share: