Pin to task bar for...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Pin to task bar for APP 2 on Windows

17 Posts
7 Users
5 Likes
(@col)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I seem to have a problem pinning the APP icon to the task bar in Windows when the program is open. This should be possible with all programs and worked fine with version 1.083 and previous. 

Is there a reason why it will not work and can it be implemented? I notice this from the first 2.0 beta with separate screens,  but the current beta won't pin the icon to taskbar, for me at least.

Many thanks.

PS If others have no issue like this please reply also. It could be a problem on my side,  but it is unique to APP at the moment.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I don't think something changed here, what Windows version is this on?

ReplyQuote
(@col)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent, This is on Win 11 actually. I might try and remove APP compeltely and reinstall. I'll update if that works, but right now I cannot even pin the icon to taskbar when APP is open. I will check.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks, I think Mabula put this on a list to checkout already, so in due time we will come to that for sure.

Kullumm reacted
ReplyQuote
(@georg-woeber)
Hydrogen Atom

Hi Vincent, I have a similar, but slightly deviating problem. The APP icon, pinned to the taskbar, appears there just a a white square. When I start APP, the correct icon appears separately on the taskbar, as soon as it is closed, it disappears and only the white square remains. I experience this for few months now in both Win10 and Win 11, starting with 1.083, continuing with 2.0. Any idea about a workaround for that?

Thanks and cheers Georg

ReplyQuote
(@rbarbout)
Main Sequence Star

@georg-woeber 
I have the same problem on Win10. I still can't pin the APP icon when it is launched but at least, you can replace the white icon in the task bar with the one provided in APP directory:
Right click on Icon -> Right click on Astro Pixel Processor -> Properties -> Change Icon -> Browse and select astropixelprocessor.ico

ReplyQuote
(@georg-woeber)
Hydrogen Atom

@rbarbout

@vincent-mod

Hi Robert, thanks for that valuable hint!

Apparently there is an entry mistake in the sequence "... > properties > change icon". the current path there is non-existent, it should be corrected to:

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\astropixelprocessor\astropixelprocessor.ico". That replaces the white sheet icon with the correct APP icon.

Maybe Vincent can forward to have this programming line changed.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I will put in on our issues-list, thanks for sharing

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @col & @rbarbout & @georg-woeber,

Can you all test this new windows installer?

https://astropixelprocessor.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor_2.0.0-beta5-Windows-64bits.zip

The icon for APP on the taskbar when you run it should work now and also the icon for APP in the remove/unistall list 😉

The windows installer has changed a bit as well:

• when the installer starts, you can now choose to install APP for all users or only for you. For all users, requires admin rights.
  • When installing for all users, you can install by default in c:/program files/astropixelprocessor/ I would recommend now to use this if you have admin rights on your computer.

Pinning the application to the taskbar is possible when you go to the start menu, and right click on the APP icon. But the application itself will still open another icon on the taskbar when you run it. That icon can not be pinned and for now it does not seem possible to do so with our new packaging for the 2.0 APP version. Somehow windows will not pin it and I have no clue why at the moment.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gary-clayton)
Main Sequence Star

Pinning to the taskbar now works with Windows 11

Thanks

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rbarbout)
Main Sequence Star

@mabula-admin 
Hi Mabula,
The icons are now displayed correctly.
I can pin the application on the task bar by drag n' drop of the desktop shortcut or from start menu.
As you said, when running APP, a new icon appears on the task bar and you can't pin this one.
I'm running Win10

On an other subjet, I tried an HAOIII extract OIII in bayer drizzle mode with this beta5 and the artifacts are still showing.
I hope this beta does not contain the fix for this problem !

Robert.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @rbarbout

@mabula-admin 
Hi Mabula,
The icons are now displayed correctly.
I can pin the application on the task bar by drag n' drop of the desktop shortcut or from start menu.
As you said, when running APP, a new icon appears on the task bar and you can't pin this one.
I'm running Win10

On an other subjet, I tried an HAOIII extract OIII in bayer drizzle mode with this beta5 and the artifacts are still showing.
I hope this beta does not contain the fix for this problem !

Robert.

Dear Robert @rbarbout,

Thank you for your feedback.

That beta5 does contain the Bayer Drizzle fix for O3 data though, so if you still see problems, then please share your data so I can check. Maybe your data is not sufficient and you simply see drizzle artefacts?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@rbarbout)
Main Sequence Star

@mabula-admin 

Mabula, see my answer in dedicated thread: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/drizzle-and-dual-band-filters/paged/2/

Robert.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@col)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks @mabula-admin and everyone else.

I also had the white square icon problem, but the new version has the correct icon. However, I still cannot right click and pin to taskbar, but i could (as others stated) drag the desktop shortcut icon to the taskbar so it is there now. Not sure if it is Win 11. Even when there were two icon for APP and its console, Win 10 allowed it to be pinned with right click option. Its a small detail, drag and drop to taskbar works.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Colm @col,

Yes, it is a bit weird, it also seems related to our new development platform somehow. We will keep looking to find a solution for a direct taskbar icon.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

After I made sure to install it in Program Files all I had to do was go into it, right click on astropixelprocessor.exe, and do pin to taskbar from the menu (says unpin from taskbar right now because I have it pinned there) and it worked fine. Give that a shot.

Capture

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@imnewhere, excellent, that indeed works fine over here as well!

ImNewHere reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: