Feature request: st...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Feature request: stack all panels of a mosaic in one go

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@yves_van_den_broek)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

It would be nice to be able to stack all panels of a mosaic in one go, instead of processing all the panels one by one, especially on a slow remote connection ... 

So load/que all the panels and let APP process them all, it would be a huge timesaver.

The end result would be that you have the individual panels ready for final mosaic integration ready to go. (Icing on the cake would be that you could even that happening automatically but that would require other settings so I do understand that this would be a huge undertaking)

/Yves

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

This is already possible and usually the way to go. It is one of the key reasons to use APP. However, if you have a LOT of images per panel for the mosaic then the recommendation is to process them panel per paneland then create a mosaic out of them.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@yves_van_den_broek)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

It's not possible, you confuse stacking all panels in one mosaic in one go ... it takes ages especially if you use LNC, so no it's NOT possible and it's a feature for people that do lots of mosaics. Stacking individual panels and then combining them to a mosaic is MUCH faster. I'm doing a small mosaic 2x2 with LNC 6 it 4th and it runs ages on my 120 subs ... not usable. Why do I do it this way, because I cannot stack the individual panels in one go and my setup is remote and I do not want to babysit ... I loose on average a day per dataset ....

/Yves

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Technically speaking I am right. It IS possible and I have done it before. Load all lights, flats, master dark, master darkflat, master bias, bad pixel map and out comes a mosaic. That’s what you are after, right?

And like I wrote, yes it can take a LONG time. I agree that optimising that process would be a huge benefit. So, practically speaking you are right.

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@yves_van_den_broek)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

I do it as well does it work, yes, but it is slooowwwww like a day or more, when I do it manually 2-4 hours, so I know what you mean, hey I was one of the first contributors of data so that Mabula could test mosaics. 

So please stop, we real mosaic people, from getting a feature we want, I have fellow astro imagers at my remote site, he want's it too. If you only can gather data ones in a while it's no issue but with a remote where all needs to be processed remote with a slow line, where your teamviewer session is barely usable and you sometimes gather lots of data, well you want bulk stacking of panels, PERIOD!

/Yves

ReplyQuote
(@yves_van_den_broek)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

And another thing, try to do this with a 60MP camera, do the calculation you will see it's impossible to do in one go.

/Yves

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So, I'm away for a bit and some posts almost explode. 😉 Let's keep it a bit relaxed, the request is clear and would be interesting to see if Mabula can make something like that happen. Technically APP already makes a mosaic in 1 go, but indeed doesn't sub-stack panels before making the final mosaic. It might also not even be necessary when GPU acceleration is added, so that's for @mabula-admin to answer.

ReplyQuote
Share: