Eaiser Project setu...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Eaiser Project setup - save project

10 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
(@robbrad)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I love APP. Superb tool and easy to use - but the most painful thing for a narrow band project is to have to select each image set for say HaRGB and assign to each channel - same for the flats and dark flats ... yawn. The rendoring of the image is faster!

My capturing software (SGPro) allows me to set folders and file names for saving of fits in an organised structure - hell even the info is held in the FITS header

What if you could define a template foldure structure eg.

- Object Name

-- Date

--- Scope

---- Light

----- Red

----- Blue

----- Green

----- HA

---- Flats

---- Light

----- Red

----- Blue

----- Green

----- HA

----DarkFlats

---- Light

----- Red

----- Blue

----- Green

----- HA

Then template the file name to include a filter identifier - or read the fits header. Maybe even a session ident / id

Given the above info I add ONE folder to APP and it does the selection for me !!

Pretty Please 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@robbrad)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Oh I just found the select channel based on header - works for Flats but not on Dark flats - it just sets MONO as the channel

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Robert @robbrad,

Actually if your capture software assigns filters in the fits header, which SGPro certainly does (use it myself 😉 ) then APP will automatically recognize the filters with the fits header tag option when you are asked to select the filter.

I can load all my lights of diffferent filters all at once 😉 . If it does not work on your  dark flats, it means the capture software was not told to use a certain filter, because it definitely will work if it did.

I will think about such a folder structure going forward 😉 The next release will make it possible to load/save your settings and whole projects and your suggestion fits perfectly into that of course.

Mabula

This post was modified 2 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@robbrad)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks @mabula-admin for coming back to me - the folder structure was me trying to organise the way to apply the fits to filters - I actually prefer what you have suggeted - would be good if you could add one parent folder and it worked accross all sub folders recursivley

The issue with DarkFlats is when I choose fits header it assigns it not to SII but to mono

Screenshot 2022 01 19 140452

Screenshot 2022 01 19 140724
This post was modified 2 years ago by Robert Bradley

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@robbrad)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Ok my mistake....!!

When you set as a DARK frame from SGPro - it does not set the filter tag.... That is why

I will try to set as BIAS - im trying to split my flats from dark flats in SGPro

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @robbrad

The issue with DarkFlats is when I choose fits header it assigns it not to SII but to mono

I have asked Mabula about this. Perhaps this happens because the filter is stored as 'SII   ' (i.e. with trailing spaces). As soon as I have a reply from Mabula I will let you know.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

If the filter tag is there APP will recognize it if you select use filter header tag. Possible spaces in the filter name are dealt with properly as well. You can use filtername "SII 3nm" as well without issues.

If the capture software does not provide the tag and you have selected use filter header tag, indeed, they will show up as having filter mono or rgb.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thanks @mabula-admin for coming back to me - the folder structure was me trying to organise the way to apply the fits to filters - I actually prefer what you have suggeted - would be good if you could add one parent folder and it worked accross all sub folders recursivley

Screenshot 2022 01 19 140452

Screenshot 2022 01 19 140724

Okay, great @robbrad 😉 I have noted a possible folder structure as an option to load everything correctly at once though 😉 I will see if I can implement it in the next version.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Ok my mistake....!!

When you set as a DARK frame from SGPro - it does not set the filter tag.... That is why

I will try to set as BIAS - im trying to split my flats from dark flats in SGPro

Yes, for bias,darks and darkflats as well. It does not make sense to have filter tags since no light is coming in...

That is why we have the option to load them for all channels 😉 APP will matcht the correct masters with the correct lights based on iso/gain, exposure, sensor dimensions.

ReplyQuote
(@robbrad)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Fantastic - sorry I missed this

ReplyQuote
Share: