Combine RGB default...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Combine RGB defaults and video walkthroughs  

RSS

(@croz)
Molecular Cloud Customer
March 27, 2021 22:58  

I’ve been enjoying APP and it has significantly improved my images. I’ve been really impressed with the OSC with a narrowband filter that others have done, but have struggled to get good images using the HOO, SHO... templates.

There are two challenges I run into. The first one is the walk-throughs are done by multiple users with different (older) versions of APP. Each user seems to have his or her own workflow. When users post these, they don’t fully understand the options and can’t explain the differences and workflows that could be taken. And I know this hobby is an art, and there is no one approach, but I would like to see your walk-throughs updated. It would be great if you would create a channel on YouTube for them. 

The next challenge I find is when you use the combine RGB tool, the colour adjustments need to be tweaked to get a reasonable image. It would be great if the sliders would be at approx levels. Instead they are at 0 or 100. I find it very challenging to figure out the multipliers and the colour levels to get it anywhere close to looking good. It would be very helpful when you pick a template like SHO that the colours and multipliers levels would be preconfigured and could be tweaked afterwards. Maybe this isn’t as easy as it sounds? 

Thanks for all of your hard work.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
March 28, 2021 14:04  

Yes we need to update these tutorials indeed and the tools themselves could use an update as well, which we do have on the todo-list, other priorities are there now though like mentioned here; https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-083-preparing-next-release/

The presets usually do work ok though, many times it'll depend on the input data to get a good result out of the box and then requires some tweaking of the preset values. Not exactly sure what you mean with the slider being at either 0 or 100, you can change those to any value in between, of course the values set will depend on the other sliders.

ReplyQuote
(@croz)
Molecular Cloud Customer
March 29, 2021 01:15  

Thanks for the reply. What I mean by the 0-100 sliders, is that when you pick a template like HOO from tab 0. You then feed in different channels. If you pick Ha, O3, or a colour, APP applies a colour to the channel. Each colour has 4 sliders and these are the adjustments I struggle with. 

It would be these I would like to have some ballpark defaults preconfigured.

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
March 29, 2021 11:20  

Ah, well there are a few presets in there, but the problem with narrowband data is that there is no real good color to begin with. The presets are a starting point basically, what comes out is what the user wants and will differ to the taste of each person. We could add a few more of course, but that may also introduce a bit of cluttering maybe.

ReplyQuote
Share: