A more efficient pr...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

A more efficient progressive mosaic mode?

3 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@raybellis)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

In https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/postid/26970/ I described how my Vaonis Vespera makes a mosaic by progressively generating something like a spiral of frames, where there is usually significant overlap between adjacent frames.

Currently the only way to stack these with APP is to go through an incredibly expensive pair-wise star matching process for every possible pair of frames.

I'd like to suggest an alternate mode, where APP first just tries to match against the last "X" frames.  If a match is not found, try matching against "Y" previous frames chosen at random.   If a match is still not found, add the frame to a queue to be checked later against the whole mosaic accumulated thus far.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I will pass this on to Mabula and ask if that would make sense for his algorithm.

Ray Bellis reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Ray @raybellis,

We are planning to rewrite our mosaic algorithms. Once done, your data should work well and fast then in mosaic mode 😉 We will move away from the current naive method of finding all connections of all frames to the other frames.

Mabula

Ray Bellis reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: