2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !
Download links per platform:
[Closed] Astro Pixel Processor 1.071
Astro Pixel Processor 1.071
- IMPROVED, access to license server, the license server was only accessible on TCP/IP port 6426, a non-standard and non-reserved port. This caused issues for users that are behind a firewall over which they have no control, like a firewall at a place of business or a firewall at a public place. This mostly affected Trial license users, since APP can only be started in that case after a succesfull connection with the license server. Renter/Owner license users only were affected by this when they tried to activate APP while being behind a firewall that blocked connections to port 6426. From now on, the license server is still accessible on port 6426, but also on the standard and reserved port for HTTPS connections, port 443. This port should always be open normally. APP 1.071 will directly access the server on port 443 to prevent firewall issues from now on.
- IMPROVED/FIXED, star analysis & registration, several users have reported issues with both star analysis and registration on some particular datasets. The main cause were some parts in the star analysis code, like the variable kappa setting for detect above noise level. To further improve star analysis and registration and prevent the known issues, I have done a further rebuild of the star analysis module. I have tested this extensively on all problematic datasets and small and large mosaics to make sure that it is working more robustly now :
- the kappa setting for detect above noise level has been made redundant. Internally the appropriate noise level is now found in 1 step (no iterations needed) to detect enough stars and it immediately finds a good estimate of the star FWHM values in the image, which further helps with direct and robust detection of stars in the images.
- there is only 1 slider left, called the automatic #stars target.
- The limitation on the amount of stars detected has a new algortihm, only the brightest stars survive in separate parts of the image. The old algortihm was scanning the immediate surrounding area of each star to detect if there was a brighter star nearby. This was rather slow and not robust it turned out.
- if you turn off the automatic #stars target, all available stars will be detected and analysed. This is normally not very usefull, since star counts higher than 5000 usually will only slow things down, especiallly in registration.
- FIXED, Calibration AMP-GLOW, a specific calibration issue was mentioned in topic : Another residual amp-glow issue, https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/another-residual-amp-glow-issue/ This issue was made apparent by a specific sensor characteristic of a QHY178M camera. The median of the MasterBias had a higher value than the median of the MasterDark which caused a clipping problem in the calibration code for certain calibration paths. Not all paths were affected. Calibration with only a masterdark worked fine, but not with a Masterbias, MasterDark and Masterflat loaded. All code for all affected calibration paths have been corrected now. Data from a camera with such clear amp-glow still needs to be calibrated with the Adaptive Data Pedestal enabled to prevent skewed integration in the amp-glow areas.
- FIXED, Sorting of frames on analytical data, 2 different bugs would manifest itself if the frame list panel was set to sort on analytical frame data like the star density or quality of the frames.
- After having processed an X number of frames up until integration, then If you loaded new frames, an error message would pop-up.
- Or if you simply started processing with some frames deselected the other bug would pop-up after finishing star analysis/registration/normalization
Encountered error in module:
Encountered error in module:
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer
These 2 errors occured both due to 2 bugs in the sorting code for all the frames. All code for all sorting has now been fixed and updated. The topic in which the bugs were mentioned is : https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/adding-more-files-once-integrated-causes-java-exception-showfilelistworker-java-lang-arrayindexoutofboundsexception-18/
- FIXED, IMPROVED, charting analytical data, several bugs were solved in the creation of the analytical charts, these also had to do with sorting of the data on the analytical results and creating graphs when some of the light frames were deselected. Furthermore, the horizontal tick marks of the charts are better adjsuted to match the amount of light frames and the graph are now scatterplots instead of line charts, which make more sense. All analytical results are relatively normalized in the range of 0-1, with 1 being best. For metrics as noise, background, dispersion, lower values are better than higher values, so these values are inverted (e.g. 1/noise) and then normalized. So the frames with the lowest noise are plotted the highest in the graphs. And so this applies to all analytical data, the higher it is plotted, the better the frame is for that metric, relatively to the other frames. The charts can be created by using the right-mouse click menu on the frame list panel:
- ADJUSTED, METADATA saved frames, analytical results stored in the metadata of Master Frames and Integrations are now stored with more precision in scientific notation, notation of 8,60E-03 is now 8,6036E-03, which means 0,0086036.
FITS HDUs: 1
HDU1 - SIMPLE = T / Java FITS: Sun Feb 03 1630 CET 2019
HDU1 - BITPIX = -32 / bits per data value
HDU1 - NAXIS = 2 / number of axes
HDU1 - NAXIS1 = 3326 / size of the n'th axis
HDU1 - NAXIS2 = 2504 / size of the n'th axis
HDU1 - EXTEND = T / Extensions are permitted
HDU1 - BSCALE = 1.0 / scale factor
HDU1 - BZERO = 0.0 / no offset
HDU1 - DATE = '2019-02-03T1545' / creation date of Integration
HDU1 - SOFTWARE= 'Astro Pixel Processor by Aries Productions' / software
HDU1 - VERSION = '1.071-beta' / Astro Pixel Processor version
HDU1 - INTEGRAT= 'Integration' / integration of light frames
HDU1 - CFAIMAGE= 'no ' / Color Filter Array pattern
HDU1 - GAIN = 0.0 / gain or ISO depending on instrument
HDU1 - EXPTIME = 6600.0 / exposure time (s)
HDU1 - LOK-1 = ' 8,6036E-03' / lokation of channel 1
HDU1 - SCALE-1 = ' 1,8575E-03' / dispersion of channel 1
HDU1 - NOISE-1 = ' 1,7625E-04' / noise level of channel 1
HDU1 - SNR-1 = ' 1,2245E+01' / Signal to Noise Ratio of channel 1
HDU1 - medNR-1 = ' 3,2873E+00' / median noise reduction, channel 1
HDU1 - medENR-1= ' 3,3742E+00' / effective median noise reduction, channel 1
HDU1 - refNR-1 = ' 3,3526E+00' / reference noise reduction, channel 1
HDU1 - refENR-1= ' 3,5072E+00' / effective reference noise reduction, channel 1
HDU1 - END