Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Closed] user's manual

135 Posts
37 Users
78 Likes
22 K Views
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi David @davidharris11,

Thank you very much for sharing your concern.

Posted by: @mabula-admin

Hi all,

Thank you all again for sharing your feedback, frustration and understanding.

I am working still on the 1.083 STABLE release and this will come for sure, we are doing many new things in this release so it is taking much more time than usual as we previously explained.

Once APP 1.083 is released, we can start with work on a joined community version of the full documentation for APP while work continues for

• APP 1.084 (save/load settings and whole projects) and
  • APP 1.085 (move to the new development platform JAVA 11 / GRAAL VM )

I can't work faster than I do and the suggestion that nothing is happening in terms of development could not be further from the truth. I am sorry it is taking a long time, but please know this will soon change after the 1.083 release.

Kind regards,

Mabula

This is what will happen and I am working on this 😉

A completed manual in printable PDF format will come for sure, but first APP 1.083 stable will be released on which I am working with the highest priority. Once 1.083 is released, I will make sure that soon there will be preliminary document released which will contain documentation for all settings and tools which will then be enriched with images and examples and also complete tutorials going forward.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Dale Penkala reacted
(@ggwatt51)
Brown Dwarf

Thanks Manila. Much, much appreciated!

(@tgiann3)
White Dwarf

@mabula-admin

Mabula,

We understand you are working on an update. I may be one of the few that can give you a pass on that since the effort is underway. Telling us in the same paragraphs that there will be future updates come off as tone deaf. Many of us DO NOT CARE. A manual is needed. Please solve this issue before even thinking about future updates.

Mabula-Admin reacted
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@tgiann3 Well, that is a bit of the problem because a lot of users actually only want updates. 🙂 The 1.083 update is very much anticipated and has priority, after which the work will begin on the manual as well.

(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @tgiann3

@mabula-admin

Mabula,

We understand you are working on an update. I may be one of the few that can give you a pass on that since the effort is underway. Telling us in the same paragraphs that there will be future updates come off as tone deaf. Many of us DO NOT CARE. A manual is needed. Please solve this issue before even thinking about future updates.

Dear Thomas @tgiann3,

As indicated, I am fully aware. That is why I wrote:

"Once 1.083 is released, I will make sure that soon there will be preliminary document released which will contain documentation for all settings and tools which will then be enriched with images and examples and also complete tutorials going forward."

So I will make sure that a comprehensive manual will soon be there 😉 ! before the 1.084 version is released or worked on even.

Mabula

Dale Penkala reacted
(@tgiann3)
White Dwarf

Posted by: @vincent-mod

@tgiann3 Well, that is a bit of the problem because a lot of users actually only want updates. 🙂 The 1.083 update is very much anticipated and has priority, after which the work will begin on the manual as well.

Just remember that those users have been catered to since the initial release. The real issue is that the first release came without a manual. True, there is nothing that can be done about that now. But, let’s stop putting the cart before the horse.

(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes and that was a mistake for sure, which is why we're going to tackle that. The problem we have now is that it's not there yet, which is why I'm trying to help as much as I can for those that do want more explanation in posts here. Till the first versions of the manual are here, I don't mind to write a big post as a mini manual on exactly the questions you might have. I know it's not the same for sure, but it's the best we can do for the moment.

Dale Penkala reacted
(@dalepenkala)
Red Giant

Posted by: @vincent-mod

Yes and that was a mistake for sure, which is why we're going to tackle that. The problem we have now is that it's not there yet, which is why I'm trying to help as much as I can for those that do want more explanation in posts here. Till the first versions of the manual are here, I don't mind to write a big post as a mini manual on exactly the questions you might have. I know it's not the same for sure, but it's the best we can do for the moment.

Very much appreciated as well as mabula-admin input on this topic!

(@jag32266)
Molecular Cloud

It's been three years now since a manual was first asked for, and the v4 of 1.083 is now out. Still no manual...................................................

(@takfsq85)
Main Sequence Star

Posted by: @jag32266

It's been three years now since a manual was first asked for, and the v4 of 1.083 is now out. Still no manual...................................................

Tell me about it, I have been asking for over 2 years, with nothing but empty promises…I really wish I had not renewed my subscription this year, as I did it on the back of the promise of a manual before the next update, and that has never happened….😡😡

(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @jag32266

That's because we were talking about 1.084 which is not out yet. Mabula is going to work on the manual together with 1.084 as promised a while ago.

(@jag32266)
Molecular Cloud

@vincent-mod In the meantime, something that would be hugely helpful- put a search dialog in the Forums section. I need to burrow down into a specific subject, and the need to read all topics to see if it has been posted in this day & age is pure maddening

(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Top-right of the forum, there is a search field.

(@jag32266)
Molecular Cloud

@vincent-mod Found it. Now all I need do is go through FIVE pages of posts to find the answer I need. Oh, good. First thought would be I sure hope my question has been asked/answered. Wonder if I should start with the stuff from FIVE years ago, or move straight to the current items... wish me luck.

(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jag32266 There are advanced options that allow you to sort the search results by other criteria than relevance.

Page 5 / 5
Share: