Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Working disc?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@whixson)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

I have a 1-terabyte drive I store my imaging data and another similar drive with just the programs. I am running into problems with APP not having enough working space on the first drive for large integrations, even with 159gb available. Can I set the other drive, which has 750 gab available as the working drive? If so how?

wayne

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@whixson Wayne, when you choose a working directory when APP is started, you can choose the external disk and APP will then use that for all temporary data. Keep in mind that this only works well with SDD’s. There is a huge amount of data involved with processing in APP and non-SDD’s are not fast enough to keep up with the I/O generated by APP.

How big is the data set that you are processing? If 159 Gb disk space is not enough then that suggests that you are processing quite a lot of data. Can you split it into multiple parts and then combine the results of that into one, final, result?

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

thanks! Yes, I forgot to mention they are high speed SSDs. 

That’s what I’d hoped. I have a QHY268C camera with 26MB files, and when I take several nights’ worth of 3-minute subs, it ends up taking lots of room. I could split up by night say to create masters for each night, but not sure if that’s as effective as multi-session processing all at once. 

I also need to step up to something like a 16-core CPU and high power GPU and 128 GB storage!

thsnks, Wayne 

ReplyQuote
Share: