Why only a mono ima...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Why only a mono image?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@charles-thody)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi. I have inputted 3 hours of data from a 183C HyperCam ProTec, Flats, Bias and Darks. Taken over two sessions, Light frames assigned to Session 1, Calibration frames to "All Sessions". The end result is a mono image! What have I done wrong or missed?

Using the RGGB and Adaptive Airy Disc in Tab 0. Should I be ticking the Force Bayer CFA box?

Thanks in anticipation

ReplyQuote
(@foucault)
White Dwarf

Hi,

You should try and tick the Force CFA option; I always do it with my ASI1600MCC.

Why do you assign all lights to session 1, and all calibration frames to "all sessions"? Where is session 2?

Regards

Stefan

ReplyQuote
(@charles-thody)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thanks Stefan. With ref to Session 1 etc, I'm experimenting as I have no idea to be honest! First time trying processing from multiple sessions. Any advice very welcome!

ReplyQuote
(@foucault)
White Dwarf

Hi, 

Just put the lights from the first session in session 1 and those from the second in session 2. If the lights differ in any meaningful way (optics, exposure time, gain...), you would need two sets of calibration files as well. Otherwise, you can use one set and tick "all sessions".
Regards
Stefan

This post was modified 5 years ago 3 times by Foucault

ReplyQuote
(@charles-thody)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Many thanks Stefan. That’s really helpful. 

ReplyQuote
(@foucault)
White Dwarf

Hi,

I don't know what went wrong with my previous

post. Any ideas?

Regards

Stefan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think you accidentally pressed the comment icon in the reply window. Anyway, I corrected it. 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: