Walking Pattern Noi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Walking Pattern Noise Issue?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@supercreative)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am looking for a bit of help. I believe I am having a walking noise issue due to not being able to dither my Star Adventurer. Now that I am guiding it seems to have gotten worse. Is there any combination of settings in APP that can help with this? I didn't get this with shorter exposures in the past. Also Deep Sky Stacker seems to deal with it a lot better, so I know there is room for improvement in APP.

I shot about 25 frames at 5 minutes each and I have added darks, bias and flats which I shot to match the same night. I am using a full spectrum Panasonic Lumix GH4 mirrorless camera with an STC Duo Narrowband filter. The attached images are from APP with Ha OIII --> Extract Ha, and from DSS with the blacks brought down to make them more similar. You can see that the DSS images is a lot better. I have tried several settings combos in APP and keep getting this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Heart APP Ha
Heart DSS

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant

I have similar problems. This is my latest stack. APP vs DSS. Same subs 🙁

ssss

/stefan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

This is all likely because APP gives a different stretch, so the background comes out more in which you see, indeed, walking noise. Try to dither when collecting data, that will immediately solve that and improve overall results.

ReplyQuote
Share: