Vertical band in ma...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

Vertical band in master dark, but not in dark or bias subs

(@bstott_98)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hi Folks,

First time poster on the APP forum.  I noticed that my MasterDark frame has a vertical band along the left hand side of the frame that is not present in my dark subs or bias subs.   This is occurring with the default settings and I can reproduce it by loading just 1 dark frame (no bias, flats, or lights) and running the calibration to generate the master dark.  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong and I cannot get rid of band.

I've attached jpgs of both the master dark frame and the original dark after applying a DDP stretch (30% BG, 2 sigma, 0.0% base) to both.  I'm using a Canon 6D and the dark is 450 Seconds long.

Thanks!

-Bret

MD IG 800.0 E450.799988s 450.799988s CANON EOS 6D 5568x3708 1 St
6D ISO800 1223 St

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Hi Bret and welcome to the forum,

That band is a bit odd indeed, I think it's best if you could upload your calibration data to our server for me to check out (if possible).

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “bstott_98-darkband” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@bstott_98)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Files uploaded ... thanks for taking a look!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

No problem, I'll have a look tomorrow as the evening is getting late. 🙂 Did you notice an issue when using the masterdark on your lights btw?

ReplyQuote
(@bstott_98)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Doing a full calibration w/ 31 lights, lp reduction, and an extreme stretch, it's barely visible ... maybe ... it's difficult to tell if it's the dark band or due to the edges of the light frames after stacking.

-Bret

Xmas2 450s darks St3

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Hi Bret,

So would it be possible to add like 10 dark subs to your directory? Just so I can check if it does the same here. On your integration it doesn't seem to have a great effect if at all, what happens if you take out the dark and only use bias and a BPM?

ReplyQuote
Share: