Stolen computer - r...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Stolen computer - reactivate APP in Mac M1?

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@kanadalainen)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Long story short, I lost my computer to a thief while passing through Oakland, CA on a family holiday.  It was a Macbook with my recent version of APP which I routinely use. 

I now have a Macbook M1, have downloaded APP again and need a user code to activate.  How do I get this?  Below is a screenshot of my prompt. 

Thanks all

Ian

(Canada)

Screen Shot 2022 09 25 at 1.30.40 AM

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@kanadalainen Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear that your laptop has been stolen!

When you registered for APP (when you still had your previous laptop) you should have received an email containing your user code. Please look that up. If you cannot find the email anymore then please contact support@astropixelprocessor.com so we can send you the email again.

HTH, Wouter

Ian Dixon reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kanadalainen)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@wvreeven 

Thanks!  Will do.  🙂 

EDIT: I have only some old versions' codes, so will contact support.

Ian

This post was modified 2 years ago by Ian Dixon

ReplyQuote
(@kanadalainen)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Hi Wouter,

Thanks again for your help.  I did find the correct email, after some extra searching. 😀   All is well and I have successfully activated APP in my new laptop.

Now I need to figure out how to get back 2 years of light subs (my terabyte drive with organized data was also in the computer bag). 😉 😪  I will look through the iCloud functions. 

Anyway, I VERY much appreciate your help.  APP with new star reduction is super nice, use it a lot.

Ian

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@kanadalainen Hi Ian,

I am glad that you managed to sort it all out. Good luck retrieving your data. My image drive broke down once and I haven't been able to retrieve my data. I hope you'll fare better than me!

Wouter

ReplyQuote
Share: