Star Reduction Tool...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Star Reduction Tooltips Missing

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@nickoson-2)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I've been messing around with the star reduction tool this evening on my Veil data and the results are quite disappointing. Though it doesn't help that I get no tooltips on anything in the Star Reduction window. The box says to check there for tooltips but then never changes and not amount of hovering or clicking will get anything to come up. Anyone else having this issue with the latest release? 1.083, Win 10 64bit

Since I don't have or use Photoshop, I'm thinking about downloading Starnet++ and zipping that through to see what it does, but so far I haven't been terribly impressed with the Star Reduction tool's ability to reasonably remove or reduce even minuscule stars without adversely effects to the image. In my recent attempts on Rosette and clicking the remove stars button, it didn't even phase any of the medium stars at all.

I tried to attach the fits files from APP but I got some red popups telling me the file type was not allowed, using Firefox.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

For the tool to work nicely, the data itself is also important. The better that is, the better the tool works, this is the case for other software as well though starnet does have nice results as well for tricky data. Our tool is still in its first real version, so that will improve over time of course. If you want me to have a quick look you can upload your files to our server, check the details on the top right of the forum. Give your directory a good name like "nickoson-2-starReducer".

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@nickoson-2 Actually there is a tool tip. If you hover your mouse over the "Check the tooltip here for instructions on all sliders." text you'll get a tool tip:

Screenshot 2022 02 16 at 11.47.32

ReplyQuote
(@nickoson-2)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Yeah, I get no such tooltips anywhere for that tool, as if its broken. Like I said, no amount of hovering or click on anything generates any tooltips for this feature. I get tooltips for the other regular stuff, but not in this tool.

I uploaded those files if you want to have a go.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @nickoson-2

Anyone else having this issue with the latest release? 1.083, Win 10 64bit

Are you sure you're using the latest version? For Windows, that should be 1.083.3, not 1.083.

ReplyQuote
Share: