Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Star reducer

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@wstumpferlgmx-de)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello,

I used the star reducer with several pictures without any issue. But now I have a picture where I get following error when I increase the threshold parameter from 003 to 020 or above.

IC5146 DNAI

:

Encountered error in module:
CreateStarReducedImageObject

Error message:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Cause:
null
vp.a(Unknown Source)
vp.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

best regards

Werner

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@wstumpferlgmx-de Werner, what version of APP was this with? If not the 1.083 final release, can you try with that version and see if you still get this error?

ReplyQuote
(@wstumpferlgmx-de)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Yes, it is the 1083 final release. 

BR

Werner 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@wstumpferlgmx-de Could you upload the image to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com

using upload for both username and password (note that your APP credentials will not work) to a new directory called wstumpferlgmx-de_starreducer? Then I'll ask Mabula to have a look. 

ReplyQuote
(@wstumpferlgmx-de)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Thank you, upload is running. 

Nice weekend

Werner 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Werner, @wstumpferlgmx-de

Thank you for the upload, I will be testing your image in the next couple of days and will make sure it is fixed 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Werner @wstumpferlgmx-de,

I have fixed your error, thank you very much for reporting it:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-083-2-preparing-release/

• FIXED, STAR REDUCER TOOL, if a too high kappa was set for the noise threshold, the tool could produce a Null Pointer Exception, because no stars were found... This can happen quickly when non-linear data is loaded into the tool.
FIXED TOO HIGH KAPPA NOISE THRESHOLD

Your error happens quickly with a moderate kappa value for noise, because you are loading non-linear/already stretched data into the tool. The tool will work much better of you load linear/unstretched data into it ;-). (The noise threshold slider assumes linear data.)

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: