Clear all

Stack is noisy  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 8, 2020 12:31  

Hi Paul,

So did you do any other steps in PI for it to produce a less noisy stack? I shouldn't be very different, but you're right that APP itself doesn't have a noise reduction algorithm yet. It's high on the development list though.

ReplyQuote
(@tsa120man)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 8, 2020 22:01  

@vincent-mod

Hi Vincent -  'thanks for your reply.  No, I didn't do anything in PI except to use batch processing to integrate/stack.  I used all default settings too just like I did in APP.  I'd send you the PI integrated image but their xisf file format won't work with jpeg and other file formats and the xisf file is too big to attach here.

I really like the simplicity of APP but the post processing is very confusing and not easy to follow without better documentation/guidance.  The quick guide has a lot of blank pages in it which I assume means that it hasn't been developed yet.  I have no idea how to use the right side of the user interface screen without more guidance either.  I probably need to look at some youtube videos from Sara and others to learn more about APP.  

I don't mean to be critical of APP because I think it shows tremendous potential.  It's just that I find it very challenging to work with at this point.  Maybe I'm not doing something right.  At any rate, keep up the great work and I look forward to future APP updates.  We need people like Mabula, you and others to keep pushing the envelope in the development of new AP software!

Take care and be safe above all else!

Paul 

ReplyQuote
(@patrick)
Main Sequence Star Customer
April 8, 2020 23:01  

Hello Paul,

In the integration mode 6)integrate set integrate to MEDIAN and set the WEIGHTS mode to Quality that give you more signal ratio and noise reduction

That give you best results

Keep us inform 😀 

Patrick

ReplyQuote
(@tsa120man)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 9, 2020 03:08  

@patrick

Great Patrick!  I'll do that.  Thanks!

Paul 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 10, 2020 14:26  
Posted by: @tsa120man

I don't mean to be critical of APP because I think it shows tremendous potential.  It's just that I find it very challenging to work with at this point.  Maybe I'm not doing something right.  At any rate, keep up the great work and I look forward to future APP updates.  We need people like Mabula, you and others to keep pushing the envelope in the development of new AP software!

Take care and be safe above all else!

Please be as criticial as you want! It's only good to see where we might have to improve things, so thank you!

The workflow should become easier each time, the automatic settings are one of those examples where you don't really have to change settings to get the best result. Maybe in some situations you might want to change them, that's always possible like Patrick above mentions. I would be surprised though if that is so different in this case.

ReplyQuote
(@tsa120man)
Brown Dwarf Customer
April 15, 2020 22:43  

@vincent-mod

A belated thanks, Vincent, for your follow-up message.  This is pretty funny and somewhat embarrassing but I just discovered a treasure chest of information about APP processing that I didn't realize exist.  I tapped the red question mark on the right side of the user interface and saw that's where all the tips and explanations are located regarding the sliders, etc.! 🙃 .  That should definitely help me learn more about APP!

Paul 

(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
April 19, 2020 16:56  

No worries, excellent!

ReplyQuote
(@magicker)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
May 29, 2020 15:49  

@tsa120man damn I have been looking everywhere for the tool tips

ReplyQuote
(@tsa120man)
Brown Dwarf Customer
May 29, 2020 18:22  

@magicker

So, did you find the tool tips under the question mark ok?

ReplyQuote
(@magicker)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
May 29, 2020 19:27  

YES! finally

ReplyQuote
(@tsa120man)
Brown Dwarf Customer
May 29, 2020 20:34  

@magicker - That's great.  I was going crazy trying to figure out how to use the right hand sliders until I realized most of the information was behind the question mark.  They need to work on documenting the user interface and operations manual better.  

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: