Shooting in sRGB vs...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Shooting in sRGB vs Adobe RGB

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@leolibbey)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I've read many of the other threads on color management and they are way beyond my novice level.  But like another thread, my colors are not as vibrant as I anticipated.  On my camera (Nikon D7000), I have a choice between Adobe RGB and sRGB.  Is APP optimized to work better with one of these over the other?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Have a read through this topic, it comes with an extensive answer from Mabula; https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/postid/14577/

edit: Oh so, if you need a short anwer; sRGB should be fine for almost everyone as the monitors you work with are not displaying adobeRGB for instance. Having less vibrant colors is usually a combination of data and post processing.

ReplyQuote
(@samueljohnchia)
Brown Dwarf

@leolibbey If you are shooting in raw, this in-camera setting has no bearing whatsoever on your photos. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks Samuel, I misread that indeed. The on-camera setting indeed has no influence for raw data.

Samuel Chia reacted
ReplyQuote
(@leolibbey)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@samueljohnchia Thanks!  So much to learn but enjoying the new journey

ReplyQuote
Share: