RGB data zw294mc OS...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

RGB data zw294mc OSC

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jaygpoo)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi out there. I am using a ZW294mc OSC camera. When I enter all the data RGGB / flats/darks/bias I land up with a green image. File is attached. If I use the same camera with a L-Xtreme filter and enter the same data + the Ha/Oiii selection I get great images. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2022 03 05 at 00.21.17

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jaygpoo An OSC camera has two times as many green pixels as blue or red, which explains why the image comes out green. Does the image still look green when you enable "neutralize-BG" (neutralize background) to the upper right of the APP window?

Screenshot 2022 03 04 at 22.42.39

ReplyQuote
(@jaygpoo)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Ok that works a treat and the green is gone . Where do I apply correct background calibration as is directed in the info panel of neutralize - BG .Jay ps thanks for your help

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jaygpoo The info panel talks of a tool and of post-processing so the logical place is to look in the Tools tab:

Screenshot 2022 03 05 at 11.02.13

ReplyQuote
(@jaygpoo)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Sorry for being thick but thought post calibration was refering to othe software. Thanks again an I will start stacking some files that have been waiting.  Jay

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jaygpoo APP contains several tools for post-processing of images. More on the way in future versions, like noise reduction.

ReplyQuote
Share: