RGB Combine problem

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

RGB Combine problem

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@richorn)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I am having a an integration issue..  I have about 50 hours of data on the Rosette, and am pretty happy with my SHO image, with the exception of the stars.  To this end, I have now captured LRGB over 5 nights.  I decided to try APP for this since it's a lot less data, and I wanted to see how much faster this new version of APP is.

I tried using the reference image used in PI for the previous integrations, but since it wasn't loaded as a "light" and didn't have a star count?

So I went ahead and just created LRGB integrations allowing the auto reference selection.

The integrations look great. However the reference image is flipped on two integrations.  

When I enter the 4 files in RGB combine, it will not calculate as the images are "no compatible"

Do I need to start over and find a way to use the proper Ha reference frame? Or is there a fix?

Screenshot 2020 03 09 12.09.18

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Hi,

You might want to try setting the check-box 'Flip Descriptors in X/Y' on the Register TAB.

Regards

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@richorn)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I understand that flip would help in integration, but how does that help me now?  I assume you are saying I need to re-integrate the two flipped integrations.

ReplyQuote
(@richorn)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

OK, so I am re-running the LRGB integrations.  Instead of individual runs, I loaded all 1700 files at once. I loaded my Ha reference frame as a light.  I then did star analysis, and then selected my reference file as THE reference file. I then checked settings for normalize, etc, and clicked Integrate.  It's about 2/3 done, and I notice it changed the reference at some point.

Is it safe to assume this is a bug or did I do something wrong?

Based on the reference file selected, I will probably have to run this again.  My narrowband files integrations won't match.

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Hi Richard,

The origin of the switching of the reference frame may well lie with this thread here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/problem-with-register-starting-in-v1-076-beta-4/

Maybe there is an unforseen consequence but I think that APP has found that registration using the original frame has not worked so it has switched to another.  However once registration has finished, as long as all the subs are registered to the same reference frame (which can be checked using the viewer in l-c-registered mode) then all should be well.

And do not forget that even if this is not the case and you have LRGB stacks that are not registered to the same frame, then it is still possible to reprocess the resulting integrations by reloading them as lights and reprocessing them through APP steps 3-6 as if they were original subs. 

You mention that you have 1700 files so I think if you are have issues processing everything together then processing each filter individually and then integrating the results may well be a safer approach.  With so much data I cannot think that there will be a discernable difference in the quality of the end results of the two approaches.

Best of luck

Mike

ReplyQuote
Share: