RGB Combine - or RG...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

RGB Combine - or RGBHOO etc  

RSS

(@andynowlen)
Main Sequence Star Customer
July 31, 2021 22:26  

Hi,  When I use the RGB combine tool with a formula like RGBHOO or the others, does signal to noise ratio improve?  as compared to just using the split R, G, B files?  Is there actually more data in the final image? 

I am still a newby and this question crossed my mind.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@eschreiner)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
August 1, 2021 13:31  

Hi Andy,

Your SNR (signal to noise ratio) will marginally improve as you combine two images each for one RGB channel, e.g. your R and H frames both would contribute to the R channel of the final image. Note that the improvement will only be marginal though, the SNR will be a factor of SQRT(2) better (roughly by 1.41).

Best regards & CS,

Erich

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Erich

ReplyQuote
Share: