Resolution on 4K Ma...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Resolution on 4K Mac

9 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@mario-pinto)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I just installed a try out version, but can I adapt screen resolution? I added an example, where outside the photo the screen is sharp (4K screen), but the photo is not 4K, whilst this is so important for astrophotographers, and a benefit of the screen. 

Screenshot 2018 09 25 at 22.19.50
This topic was modified 6 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Mario @mario-pinto,

Can you share with me the details of your monitor? Is it a Retina display?

This will probably have to do with pixel scaling in MacOS, so I think I can make the proper adjustment in the implementation.

I will have a look on my Macbook that has a Retina display.

Mabula

This post was modified 6 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mario-pinto)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

Thanks. Yes, it is a retina display: 21.5-inch (4096 x 2304, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB graphic). I noticed the pixels, which are normally hardly visible with the retina display. It is on an iMac, but the effect must be the same on an Macbook with retina display.

Kind regards, Mario

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Mario @mario-pinto,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue. I have fixed the implementation of image drawing for HiDPI screens like the Apple retina displays. I was able to test this successfully using a Macbook Pro 2016 with a Retina display.

APP 1.068 will be released tomorrow with this fix, check the second release note 😉 :

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-1-068-preparing-next-release/

APP 1067 noHiDPI drawing
APP 1068 HiDPI drawing
Compare HiDPI noHiDPI

Kind regards,

Mabula

This post was modified 6 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mario-pinto)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

That is cool. The Retina screen is great for astrophotography; I will check it out as soon as possible. Thanks for good work.

Kind regards,

Mario Pinto

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mario-pinto)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello Mabula,

Probably due to the recent update with graphics driver, the Retina (4K) resolution is lost again in V1.079 (it was fixed in 1.068) on an iMac (21.5" screen).

In the top split of the picture below, the star has a lower screen resolution than the screen (e.g. the question mark). Looks like just FHD.

In the bottom split of the picture, the same star is enlarged to show that the photo resolution is not limiting it.

Screenshot 2020 05 02 at 18.14.29

Hope you can fix this again, because APP is so beautiful on a Mac (with full resolution).

Thanks, kind regards,

Mario 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'll tag Mabula for this one @mabula-admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @mario-pinto

Hello Mabula,

Probably due to the recent update with graphics driver, the Retina (4K) resolution is lost again in V1.079 (it was fixed in 1.068) on an iMac (21.5" screen).

In the top split of the picture below, the star has a lower screen resolution than the screen (e.g. the question mark). Looks like just FHD.

In the bottom split of the picture, the same star is enlarged to show that the photo resolution is not limiting it.

Screenshot 2020 05 02 at 18.14.29

Hope you can fix this again, because APP is so beautiful on a Mac (with full resolution).

Thanks, kind regards,

Mario 

Hi @mario-pinto @vincent-mod ,

Do you mean an update of your MacOS installation ? Or an update of APP ? Which MacOS version are you running?

I have not changed the behaviour of this in the last couple of versions, so I would assume the problem is caused by a new MacOS update?

I will check it on my MacBook though 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mario-pinto)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

The current macOS version is Catalina 10.15.4. I have updated it on my Mac shortly after its release on April 8th, but I don't recall if the previous version (10.15.3) did not show this issue. Moreover, I also updated APP to 1.079 immediately after its release on April 15th. I checked the release notes of Catalina updates, but no specific mentioning on screen drivers or resolution.

Hope you can find the mismatch. Thanks!

kind regards,

Mario

ReplyQuote
Share: