Removing satellite ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-09-02: APP 2.0.0-beta4 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta4

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta4

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta4

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta4

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta4

Removing satellite trails

(@petercpc)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

Could someone tell me what settings I need to apply to remove satellite trails in the latest version of APP. I used to be able to do this but I cannot see what I should be changing in the integration. My latest integration had two satellite trails.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@petercpc)
Topic starter  

Got it. I didn't realise that you had to swap from automatic to average to introduce clipping.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It should be selecting the proper rejection algorithm automatically if you have a proper number of lights, like at least 15 I think.

ReplyQuote
(@petercpc)
Topic starter  

Well I had 25 lights and it left the trails in. When I selected average instead and used a sigma it removed them.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Excellent, if the trails are indeed very prominent you may need to change the settings indeed. Automatically it will have pretty mild rejection.

ReplyQuote
(@spacemanbob)
Hydrogen Atom Customer

@petercpc

Where is this option.. I am new to using the program and I have had some bad issues with StarLink Satellites messing up my images.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@spacemanbob see tab 6 and select a different option than automatic. When you hover your mouse over the drop down, APP will tell you which one to choose based on the number of lights that you have. Then the other options become available and you can select the values that are suitable to get rid of the satellite trails.

Screenshot 2020 11 16 at 19.40.22

ReplyQuote
Share: