Registration Bug

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Registration Bug

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@midnight_lightning)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hope this is the correct place to post this - I couldn't see a Service Desk.

I was trying to register Ha, OII and SII stacked images but the registration wouldn't work. I'm still not sure why but I noticed one of the images was rotated 180 degrees (as a result of a meridian flip). So I used Tools to rotate it 180 degree to get it broadly aligned with the other images.

When I reran Registration it crashed with the attached.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @midnight_lightning,

Thank you for reporting this, this is the right place ;-).

Registration in APP is implemented technically invariant to rotations so rotating it yourself 180 degree should not make a difference 😉

In your screenshot, the rotated light isn't considered in the new registration, you need to load it as a light. I will try to duplicate the error that you got.

Let me know what happen if you:

1) load the 3 channels as lights

2) and try to register them

What does the console say? The output of the console will give lots of information

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@midnight_lightning)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

Thanks for replying.

I haven't been able to replicate the error, shortly after the error message APP my PC completely crashed - the first time it's crashed sine I built it a couple of years ago.

I rebooted and reprocessed the original 3 files, including the rotated one and it worked first time.

So, not sure what happened but I suspect something must have gone wrong earlier in the process and only manifested when I tried the Registration.

If it happens again I'll try and get more information.

Cheers

Jon

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Jon @midnight_lightning,

Thank you for your feedback. Do let me know if you encounter this behaviour again 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: