Problems with Mosai...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Problems with Mosaic

12 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@grahamdevenishgmail-com)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi all, I hope you can help me with hopefully a quick fix for a 4 Panel Mosaic of M42 I'm trying to process.  Shot with ASIAIR using their in-house Plan Function, and with I think, a 15% Overlap.

Im trying to process with Version 2.0.0 Beta 9x86_64 for my iMac running Ventura with 32gb of Ram and a 2tb Hard Drive. 

I've got 2 issues, if I process the lights and calibration frames first, do nothing like removing light pollution and re load them as a mosaic following Sara Wagar advice on You Tube, 3 of the 4 panels stitch but one fails (Bottom Left) - I've tried increasing the stars even up to 10000 and also Scale Stop to 15 but it still fails at CA.

If I then load all the 40 individual light frames and the Master Files as well, I get a Horizontal banding across 80% of the picture that looks like a Nebula formulation, but it isn't and a dark line Vertically bisecting the image.  I've tried Upping the stars and scale on this as well but to no luck.

Has anyone got any thoughts please?

Many thanks

Graham

Pic attached of the 40 stacked lights showing the banding - Only post processing done is to remove light pollution - Shot on a Moonless night.

M42 Mosaic LEnh session 1 1 St

ReplyQuote
(@jhart)
Red Giant

Hi Graham,

Regarding your first issue have you tried enabling dynamic distortion correction and disabling same camera and optics in Tab 4?

Regarding the second, have you tried enabling MBB and upping its percentage in Tab 6?

ReplyQuote
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi,

Thanks for coming back, and thanks for your suggestions.  I tried both of your advices and upped the MBB in stages all the way to the top, but it didn't make a difference.  Also no difference with the Camera and Optics toggle in Tab 4.

What I did do is the re-assimilate the Data from the failed Panel, and I was able to get this working, and the banding was only in certain areas, and much more diffuse.

I'll keep playing !

Thanks, Graham

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Graham @grahamdevenishgmail-com,

Is all okay now with this mosaic, or do you still have issues?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula

Last time I tried it around the timing of my message it was still happening - I've now loaded the latest Beta so will try that.  Are you going to have a stand at the London Astrofest next week ?  I'm helping on a stand there so could bring a data stick if you're going to be there ?

Thanks

Graham

ReplyQuote
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Just run the Beta, if anything worse !  (Maybe next time if the clouds ever clear I'll give a higher overlap and see what happens... )

Screenshot 2024 01 25 at 13.14.13

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

Did you make sure to have normalization set to "advanced" on tab 5? Also have you set LNC to 2nd degree 3 iterations on tab 6?

ReplyQuote
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Have just rerun it checking that Normalisation set to advanced and LNC 2nd Degree 3 Iterations - This is still picking up the joins !

Thanks for your suggestions everyone !

Graham

Screenshot 2024 01 25 at 18.55.20

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

Just out of curiosity, are you using an OSC or mono and filters? Also, the last time I had problems like you seem to be having I had to fully stack each image into a final integration, even with my mono stuff, so I ended up with a full LRGB composite image for each panel, then I took those and stacked them with 2000 stars on tab 3, disabled same camera and optics but enabled dynamic distortion detection, set mode to mosiac, and scale stop 5-15 on tab 4, mode to advanced on tab 5, and 10% MBB and 2nd degree LNC 3 iterations on tab 6.

The reason I ask is because here are my examples of doing it as normal and stacking my SHO masters and stacking my individual channel masters. Ignore the different color palettes since I was messing around trying different things with it. I think the reason there was so much of a problem is the illumination between each.

ReplyQuote
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi, I’m using a OSC, a 294MC pro, with a L_Enhance filter.

Following a chat at Astrofest I’ll try something else tomorrow 👍  After all, with all these Cloudy nights I' can't image at the moment !

If that doesn't work I'll run it again without any Calibration files to see if that is the problem ?

Thanks

Graham

This post was modified 3 months ago 2 times by Graham Devenish

ReplyQuote
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi all, back from Astrofest and tried some different stuff.....    Tried Pentagons and Quadrilaterals, had som issues with the Registration sticking at 80%, eventually got it to run, but with no improvement.

Tried running it with no calibration frames and just processing the lights, no difference.  I also tried going back to a previous version, but I couldn't get that to load properly (My issue, not yours, don't try when you're tired and have a Chest infection 😉

Finally, ran the data from a previous mosaic that I created a year ago, on a previous version, but now on the latest, a 7 Pane mosaic of the Rosette, ran with no problem and no banding (Pic attached, no Post Processing except for removal of light pollution ).

So.....   It has to be the data, next time we get sufficient skies I'll rerun the lights, but this time with at least a 20% overlap and see what happens......

Thanks

Graham.

Screenshot 2024 02 05 at 15.31.27

ReplyQuote
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi all,

Still having issues with new data - Last night I was on the Flaming Srtar Nebula, a 4 Pane Mosaic, a difficult night with some lost data due to the weather but the final work in progress still shows banding.  I also ran some new Darks as I was experimenting with the Gain (Down to 80 from my normal 120 with the 294MC Pro.  The only thing I didn't change were the Flats and Dark Flats - would they be causing these issues ?

Image attached of last nights efforts.

Thanks

Graham.

Flaming Star Nebula Mosaic Iteration  LEnh session 1 St ps

ReplyQuote
Share: