Problems calibratio...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Problems calibration / alignment

10 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@dmleclaire)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello, just starting with APP and Ifairly novice in astrophotography. I took 43 x 4 minutes frame of the Orion belt (canon 70d full spectrum & 200mm f2.8 prime lens ) . Not sure what went wrong in the process (see image below ) it looks like 4 images mis aligned.

0A0EC5A4 A69B 452F 9A55 7A4D6E2A556D
9D2DDC20 2CD6 4973 BF5B 97F47DC82D02

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Dany-Martin Leclaire

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I don't see an image in your post, please use the "attach files" link under the reply box.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, that's not normal indeed. What APP version are you using and did you leave everything on automatic settings? What exactly was your workflow, from you data and in APP?

edit: I do see that in the image there are no values for the stars and quality etc. I also see that the exposure of the subs is at 0 seconds, so something is wrong here with the data. What did you use to capture the data and are these the RAW files or already processed somewhere else?

ReplyQuote
(@dmleclaire)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am using version 1.082. I have loaded raw files (canon Cr2) directly from Sd card. It worked before...

ReplyQuote
(@dmleclaire)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod my work flow is simple : load lights and calibrate frames directly from Sd card and leave all the settings as they are 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So you're working on the SD card itself, is that also your working directory? If so, that would not be advised as it's way slower than a regular harddisk and I can imagine for the amount of work APP does on disc, it may cause issues.

ReplyQuote
(@dmleclaire)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod . Yes maybe you are right . Will transfer everything on hard disk. Still funny though that I tried four times from SD card and four times same results . Will try again from hard disk and let you know 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, not sure this is the issue, but at least I know this wasn't a correct workflow. So to get to the bottom of the issue, a good starting point is nice to have. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@dmleclaire)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-modo BINGO !! You nailed it ! Thanks for your help ! Next coffee an me ! 😂 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Excellent! 🙂 I do like a nice Espresso please.

ReplyQuote
Share: