Final output is alw...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

Final output is always 4 boxes.

(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

What am I doing wrong. Or is it something that my capture software is doing (SharpCap). Below is what my fits file and ending tiff file looks like on screen.

Update, I processed in Deep Sky Stacker and the end result was a non-stretched single frame. So I don't think it is the capture software.

This topic was modified 2 years ago by JOHN CHEAK

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

That's very odd, this almost seems like a corrupt file. But what do you see if you stretch the DSS image?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Also, what do the individual subs look like when you stretch them?

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod, Not real good at stretching with Gimp, but here is the stretch of the tiff file from DSS. I tried to attach, but it is to big.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

And like Wouter mentioned, do the single subs look like this as well? Uncalibrated?

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I a

I attached the first fits file, not stretched of the stack. Please tell me what you see?

Thanks

John

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Had a quick look but that looks fine to me;

Screenshot 2020 12 12 183628

What version of APP do you use and are you maybe working via an external drive or something like that?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Thanks for the FITS file. The FITS header indicates that the Bayer pattern is GBRG with a note that some software need RGGB. Please make sure to set it to that Bayer pattern in tab 0. It looks like DSS needs that as well since the colors of the image that you stretched in Gimp are off. Can you give that a try in APP and see if that improves the stack?

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Had a quick look but that looks fine to me;

Screenshot 2020 12 12 183628

What version of APP do you use and are you maybe working via an external drive or something like that?

No external drive 256mb SSD internal. Ver1.082

Maybe I should uninstall then re-install?

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

Thanks for the FITS file. The FITS header indicates that the Bayer pattern is GBRG with a note that some software need RGGB. Please make sure to set it to that Bayer pattern in tab 0. It looks like DSS needs that as well since the colors of the image that you stretched in Gimp are off. Can you give that a try in APP and see if that improves the stack?

I saw that too, Made the change.No difference. Still 4 boxes

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

And like Wouter mentioned, do the single subs look like this as well? Uncalibrated?

Yes, the single subs show 4 boxes too.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Could you try the almost funny trick of restarting the computer? And if that still doesn't work, what does switching off of OpenGL do (the button on top of APP).

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

Posted by: @jcheak

Yes, the single subs show 4 boxes too.

Not for me. When I load the FITS as a light and then double click on it in APP, so it opens in the image viewer, it looks like a normal, square image to me.

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Could you try the almost funny trick of restarting the computer? And if that still doesn't work, what does switching off of OpenGL do (the button on top of APP).

Clicking the OpenGL box fixed it!! Thanks So Much!!! Do you know why that may have been causing the issue?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Great! So that may be a number of things, like having an Intel gfx driver together with another, conflicting. Or your driver is out of date, things like that. Or your gfx card doesn't support openGL4 properly.

ReplyQuote
(@jcheak)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I thought I would post the information about my laptop just for reference. Thanks again for the great support.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

I see you have both Intel drivers and NVidia drivers, that may be the conflict actually somehow.. mm.

ReplyQuote
Share: