Overcompensating my...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Overcompensating my lights?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Nick
(@n-a-hardygmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,

I shared my rough image on a different forum and they thought my my image was overcompensated in the corners.
Now i hadn't given it much thought up until now. I just cropped out the edges.
What is your view on this?

I have three images here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5UksYPPz3KHGt8sB9
One sub, one callibrated sub and then the stacked image with 45 subs.

Any thoughts?
Maybe i can adjust settings or so.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

The sub looks as expected. There is a dust devil and vignetting.

The calibrated sub looks as expected with a possible exception of the upper rim. but the dust devil has disappeared and the vignetting as well. At least at a quick inspection.

The stacked image looks as expected as well. Apparently there is a significant drift between at least several of your subs which explains the stacking edges. If you crop those off then you'll have a great image.

What did the other forum mean exactly when they wrote "overcompensated corners"?

Wouter

ReplyQuote
 Nick
(@n-a-hardygmail-com)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thx for the reply, Wouter.
They said it looked overcorrected.

well if the edges are overcorrected, so will be the rest of the image, even though the effect is not that apparent there

The big difference in subs is because of dithering, meridian flip and stuff like that. I usually crop it out, but the guys on the NINA forum probably use pixinsight to stack or so. I don't know exactly. Would it make a difference to crop everything to the reference frame, instead of just showing all?

ReplyQuote
Share: