OSC Stack Comes Out...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

OSC Stack Comes Out Monochrome

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@invisible11)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello APP, I got my trial started last night and have started processing some data!  I am relatively new to Astrophotography (3 months in) and am hooked for life!

My setup is as follows:

• ZWO ASI294MC Pro cooled camera
  • Explore scientific 127mm APO refractor with Moonlite motorized focuser
  • Skywatcher EQ6R Pro mount
  • Guidescope and Orion Starshoot Autoguide camera

When I load all my data (lights, flats and darks) and check all my options the image comes out monochrome now matter what I try.  When I try to use the color correction options on tab 9 I get an error that I must load RGB data to continue.  I have tried with and without the force CFA option to no avail.  Any tips would be appreciated.  When I stack this data in DSS or PI they come out with color as expected.  I can try to provide anything you need to look at just let me know.

Thanks,

Charles

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Black Hole

Hi Charles,

i have the same camera and was able to process it successfully. Besides force CFA you might try putting RGGB in the debayer pattern, although I don’t think I needed to do that. Which color tool gave you the problem?

wayne

ReplyQuote
(@dominique_dierick)
Molecular Cloud

Sure you put on the force CFA flag in step 0 before proceeding to the rest? It works for my ASI183MC.

ReplyQuote
(@invisible11)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I tried two more stacks with mostly the same data last night and made sure that force was checked. These stacks came out with color no problem!  I thought I had it checked in the first two but must not have. Thanks for the quick reply!

ReplyQuote
Share: