No Pic After Proces...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

No Pic After Processing

17 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi All,

I've had this a few times.

After a few hours of stacking etc theres no picture displayed

DSS still works but I like APP

Any thoughts?
Cheers

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@paul-grace Can you share a screenshot of this situation please? Perhaps you can reproduce the situation by only integrating, say, 5 lights, darks, flats and dark flats to speed up the integration process? Is the image actually saved to your hard drive? If yes, does it show up in the files list at the bottom of APP? If yes, does it show when you double click the file in that list?

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Many Thanks for the quick reply

Just processing 5 of each file type

Will report back 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Just tried again and same issue

no picture in the image viewer and nothing saved ??

maybe i've pressed a button...i may uninstall and reinstall  🙂

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@paul-grace Please post a screenshot of the APP window here so we can see what's going on. There is no need to reinstall APP, I assure you!

A thought occurred. Are you processing data on an external HD (not SSD)? If yes then that probably is the problem. Please move the data to the internal disk of your computer and try again. Also, does APP have the correct rights to write data into the working directory that you select? And are you *sure* that the image doesn't get saved to the working directory?

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Ah...you may be onto something...I am using an ext hard drive to take the pics from

Just putting on C: and trying again 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@paul-grace Did it work (assuming you're trying with 5 lights only)?

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Nope....still nothing but an auto saved file...no picture in the viewer

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Its a time issue... a lot of time is wasted to get nothing viewing....going to reinstall the latest version and try again 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Reinstalled the latest version and still nothing in the image viewer...i have no idea now

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@paul-grace Paul, for the third time, can you PLEASE post a screenshot here of APP directly after integration ends and the integration result is supposed to be shown. Without that we cannot help you any further. 

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
Posted by: @wvreeven

@paul-grace Paul, for the third time, can you PLEASE post a screenshot here of APP directly after integration ends and the integration result is supposed to be shown. Without that we cannot help you any further. 

I have... 🙂

Look up 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@paul-grace Oops my apologies. I didn't notice it!

However you write "nothing but an auto saved file". That's the file I mentioned in my initial post. If in the file list at the bottom of the APP window you scroll all the way down, does the file show up there? If yes, did you double click it to open it in APP? Sorry if you have already answered that. I am currently traveling. 

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Cheers Mate. I appreciate the help.

Its late for me so will have another go in the morning and get back to you 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

🙂

Many Thanks for your patience and time 🙂

Really appreciate it.

I did 5 subs and did everything the same but this time made sure I selected the save dir the same as the mail folder where the data was held. Saved the file and then presented the pic 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmm, weird, that shouldn't be the behavior. Does that work now as well with the full dataset?

ReplyQuote
(@paul-grace)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Mate

Yes, but the output wasnt great but that was just me

All working now .
Thanks again for the help 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: